West Ham United (A) | Sun 7th Aug | Post Match Thread

Oh for Gods sake, the guy has said it himself. No one is expecting a hat trick every week, my main point was how the team makes best use of him.
Reading these forums for the past few weeks, I beg to differ. Plenty think he'll do 50+ this season, and yes, I do realise not all of them are serious.

Noticed that Cancelo and Walker barely overlapped at all today and were both playing the inverted full-back role which allowed Gundogan and De Bruyne to play higher up. Coincidentally (or maybe not) both goals came via through balls from Gundo and KDB.

Looks like this might be Pep's solution to not having the natural width from a left-footed LB that he was expecting to have with Cucurella, i.e., to allow both number 8's more freedom to create.

You're missing the point. The comparison was just about the fact that we have a player that doesn't miss one on ones. It wasn't an overall out and out comparison of the total merits of each player. All we're saying is we can probably look forward to scoring more from that situation now, it wasn't necessarily knocking Sterling.
This is the same player that missed an open goal from a shot that came back off the crossbar last week, not knocking Haaland but all players miss chances if Sterling did he was crucified, but look at his goal record and what he did for the club, yet even today when he is a Chelsea player, certain fans are trying to still slate him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.