West Ham United (A) | Sun 7th Aug | Post Match Thread

Absolutely brilliant result, wanted to stay up and watch live but too tired last night, got up to watch this morning here in Oz, we seem to have a complete world class 22 year old ffs. This lad is gonna smash records. And the whole team looks fucking great.
Laugh my fucking arse off at the Old Toilet, Ten Bob and his Brollyman sidekick !!

What an afternoon (in what is still my most hated away ground). Excellent performance from so many, and what a way to make a Premier League debut from the mighty Haaland. Didn't another striker start with a brace in their debut game, and go on to be just a little bit special?

So just one grumble (as you'd expect). Some great singing from the Blues, particularly on Zouma and Keane (when the beardy twat was spotted in the second half)...but the 'Erling Haaland is a Blue, is a Blue, is a Blue, Erling Haaland is a Blue, he hates (a certain German city)', leaves me a little uncomfortable. I absolutely loath the Rags like every decent Blue, but it would be a shame if this becomes Halaand's song of choice. Love to know other thoughts?

I'm wondering if the double inverted fullbacks is going to be the norm or if Pep decided on it for tactical reasons or because we didn't buy him a LB.

If it is coming back permenantly, I think I would prefer Foden LW and Grealish given the LCM spot as rotation to play more as a 10. I think both would be better as a result, even though I was happy with how they played today.

In a 4231 the wingers can usually come inside more and that's when I think it's fine to play them in these positions, but if we are going back to the wide touchline wingers, classical wingers are better in terms of creating.

Also... In a weird kind of way, I could see Kalvin Phillips being a rotation option for Walker as well, if the RB is just going to invert into the midfield.

I guess it's too early to tell, next week we'll have a better idea if this system is the go to.

Absolutely brilliant result, wanted to stay up and watch live but too tired last night, got up to watch this morning here in Oz, we seem to have a complete world class 22 year old ffs. This lad is gonna smash records. And the whole team looks fucking great.
Laugh my fucking arse off at the Old Toilet, Ten Bob and his Brollyman sidekick !!
I watched, 3.5 hours sleep…sad face

I don't think there was a single doubt from a City fan about Haaland slotting that second goal before he even took the shot. Imagine if that was Sterling or Jesus, yes they've scored goals like that in the past but not with that composure and confidence.

We can control the game so well but can now counter attack with threats like Haaland and KDB, adding some verticality to our game. Thought Walker and Rodri were immense, Grealish did better today but still need to see more I think.
“Still need to see more”
Yes, I feel he is at a crucial point in his career. He could move on and become an outstanding player or just remain an ok one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.