How much do we owe to Yaya?

Peak Yaya was different gravy, absolute beast of a player. Dont think I’ll ever see a player for City again that will match him for raw power, he could do everything - pick the ball up on edge of own box, and beat half the opposition whilst steaming up the pitch. Loved him.

Throw him a birthday cake, then forget about him. A good football player, but has a bad mindset. He's not that different much from Cancelo.

On the day we win triple with Pep and you throw in Yaya here? That guy accused Pep of racism and all of the nonsense that unsettle the team. And I agree with Pep, no matter how good your talent is, having a bad attitude and unsettling the team just make the team as a whole team get worse, he deserved to get booted.
So much wrong with this.
Yaya was and still is a legend for me.
He was immense for us, in our climb to the loftiest peak we have ever scaled !!!

For a year or two he was the best midfielder on the planet.

Appreciate people have a beef with off-the-field stuff, but peak Yaya was one of the greatest in this club’s history.
That’s right. As has been quoted on here previously - the power of an elephant with the touch of a ballet dancer

An utterly magnificent 'best of his kind' player who, along with Carlito,Vincent,Zabba & Joe, dragged us through the tricky,early days of our evolution.

Yaya the player was unsurpassed in his position in his era.

Yaya the man regrettably lost his chance to become a 'club' legend and the possibility of African Ambassador.

IMO,as good and as influential as any player we've has in the modern era !!

Peak Yaya was different gravy, absolute beast of a player. Dont think I’ll ever see a player for City again that will match him for raw power, he could do everything - pick the ball up on edge of own box, and beat half the opposition whilst steaming up the pitch. Loved him.
Raw power was only half the equasion.,limo

Delicate ball control and extremely high technical ability comes into any Yaya discussion.

I can remember being at Old Trafford and watching him on the halfway line,left side, Wayne Rooney,full of dickhead aggression came up snapping at Yayas heels in a vain attempt to win the ball..Yaya kept the ball tied to his foot ,and kept spinning round and round ,effortlessly moving away from yard dog Rooney and making him look like a Sunday league player.

Finally Yaya got bored ...and decided to glide away like a rolls Royce leaving shrek stranded,before playing a brilliant pass to a forward who was in on goal facing the Stretford end.
Ref pulled it back for some imaginary reason.
Absolutely brilliant to watch.

So much wrong with this.
Yaya was and still is a legend for me.
He was immense for us, in our climb to the loftiest peak we have ever scaled !!!
Yeah, indeed, for you.

And perhaps, being much wrong with this are people who prioritize talent and skills more than attitude?
I'm learning from Pep and other successful top managers (in different businesses) to know that prioritizing attitude more than talent brings more success.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.