Savio

I don’t think the CFG had any intention of letting him play for Troyes.

Why would a division 2 French side loan a player to a top division Spanish side?

Clever money management I reckon.
I can't see the CFG having any say in the matter myself. Perhaps Troyes initially loaned him to PSV for the experience in Europe and were planning on keeping him the following season but relegation put a spoke in that. If he looked to have settled well at PSV (I never watched him there) maybe they thought it better to loan him to Girona rather than subject him to Ligue 2? All speculation but I'd like to think closer to the truth than some of the paranoid nonsense I've seen online.

I can't see the CFG having any say in the matter myself. Perhaps Troyes initially loaned him to PSV for the experience in Europe and were planning on keeping him the following season but relegation put a spoke in that. If he looked to have settled well at PSV (I never watched him there) maybe they thought it better to loan him to Girona rather than subject him to Ligue 2? All speculation but I'd like to think closer to the truth than some of the paranoid nonsense I've seen online.
When he was bought, it was reported as a sale to the CFG, that he'd be registered to Troyes, but immediately loaned to PSV - so it all seems to be arranged as part of the transfer.

I suspect with some transfers, the CFG management do have power over the individual clubs.

Got to say that I don't like it myself - I'd have banned multi-club ownership before it got anything like this far.

Ligue 1 has a limit of 3 non-EU players and so it was hard to fit him into their squad after the initial purchase -- they had 3 foreigners already (Palmer-Brown, Ike Ugbo and Porozo). All of these players were more experienced so I assume the management felt like they were probably more likely to actually help the team in the short-term. CFG loaned him to PSV for experience and due to squad limitations. PSV were a little so-so on his first year with him playing for Jong PSV (their B team) more often than the first team.

The plan was to loan him to PSV for another year but PSV balked at the purchase price that CFG had suggested be included in the loan -- PSV only wanted to take him again if it was realistic that they could buy him at the end of the season since they don't have a huge desire to develop players for other teams and they didn't think the fee City wanted was fair. With PSV out as an option and since Troyes had been relegated, CFG presumably thought it would then make more sense for him to get experience at Girona as they were a top flight team. He's surpassed any expectations and here we are.

PSV and Girona both play at a much higher level than Troyes, that just doesn’t hold up.

When he was bought, it was reported as a sale to the CFG, that he'd be registered to Troyes, but immediately loaned to PSV - so it all seems to be arranged as part of the transfer.
Ruud Van Nistelroy literally met Savio in Brazil before he ever got on a plane to Europe.

PSV and Girona both play at a much higher level than Troyes, that just doesn’t hold up.
Weren't Troyes in League 1 when he joined? You're then comparing Dutch football to French top tier, admittedly not much difference there but I don't know who he'd have been challenging for a place at Troyes at that time. When Troyes went down then Girona in La Liga were a much higher level plus he'd had 12 months experience in Europe.

must admit i laughed at the crap being written by the media, Barca came in after Savio to destabilize them, maybe even to tap up a player and get him on the cheap, City put them in their place and all shit kicks off, we can not play Girona in the CL, we can not transfer between clubs, we have to pay market price decided by our competitors, it is funny. If Girona qualify as likely for the CL, they will need more players not less, Savio will most likely end up playing against German and English sides, he will gain experience and we will get a better idea of his abilities, after all Garcia looks a world beater in that league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.