Chelsea (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

I applaud your style of football and the success it brought but to be honest, you are Johnny Come Latelys…you still lag the legacy of the ‘Red Shirts’. Where were you pre 2012?

I'd be mildly curious to know how you understand and define those terms… I mean, for a club that existed as St Marks, West Gorton, from the 1880s, and was officially founded as Manchester City Football Club in 1894. Oh, and which won the F.A. Cup for the first time in 1904, that is, before Manchester United had won any major trophy (and at the time, the F.A. Cup was at least as prestigious as being First Division champions. But then, you'll surely know that).
Or maybe you believe that association football was invented by the satellite tv companies? That prior to the founding of the Premier League in 1992 we all sort of sat around and followed hurling, or ice hockey…
Oh, and by the way, where were we? Well, we were at Maine Road, and before that at Hyde Road. Now we're at the Etihad, which was formerly the City of Manchester stadium.
Incidentally, the first club in north London to do the double in the twentieth century plays in white, with navy shorts. Suppose you know that.

It really is very disrespectful — and in fact downright bad manners — to go on another club's forum and make such remarks.

Haalands Gran died. He then missed a few goals and the world turned on him. So did a few City fans although I'd always question the voices on social media for how genuine they are as actual true blues.

My Gran died 2 yrs ago (she brought me up as her own), I had a panic attack after waking from a vodka binge and ended up going for CBT as it completely fucked my world up. I took a few weeks from work. My doctor encouraged me to take a few more and gave me a written note. Yet there's cunts out there sat in their fucking pants playing fifa demanding he scores every single game, no matter what, with no consideration to the possibility that this machine is actually a human, like us all, with feelings.

When played as a defender he is good as any, this is illustrating the point I made that Pep playing him where he is will colour fans opinion of him
I disagree, my comments were based on his defensive play not when he steps into midfield, I wouldn't criticise the man for that, he's trying to do a job that he's unfamiliar with. Defensively he dives in too often and occasionally gets caught in no mans land. I'm not saying he's a bad player, he's just not at the level of Ake or John Stones.

Haalands Gran died. He then missed a few goals and the world turned on him. So did a few City fans although I'd always question the voices on social media for how genuine they are as actual true blues.

My Gran died 2 yrs ago (she brought me up as her own), I had a panic attack after waking from a vodka binge and ended up going for CBT as it completely fucked my world up. I took a few weeks from work. My doctor encouraged me to take a few more and gave me a written note. Yet there's cunts out there sat in their fucking pants playing fifa demanding he scores every single game, no matter what, with no consideration to the possibility that this machine is actually a human, like us all, with feelings.
The world and city fans turned on him? Don't know about the world but I haven't seen any City fan turn on him

Admittedly, you’ve been hugely successful this last decade and to be fair, I’ve really enjoyed the quality of football you’ve played. I suppose my favourite City team was when Aguero and Silva were in the team. Sublime stuff. However, nothing lasts forever, dynasties come and go and I might be proven wrong but I feel yours is coming to an end.

Nothing against City, per se, but it’s hard to maintain that consistency for years.

I applaud your style of football and the success it brought but to be honest, you are Johnny Come Latelys…you still lag the legacy of the ‘Red Shirts’. Where were you pre 2012?

I went for some beers with 3 of my City mates today. We were celebrating the 70th of an older one.

Funny thing in the 1st 35 years of his life City won more trophies than Asenal
Funny thing in the 2nd 35 years of his life City won more trophies than Arsenal

Now that is what I call history.

53/54 to 87/88 35 seasons.

Arsenal
1 League, 2 FA Cup, 1 League Cup

City
1 League, 2 FA Cup, 2 League Cup, 1 European Cup Winners Cup

88/89 to 22/23 35 seasons

Arsenal
5 League, 8 FA Cup, 1 League Cup, 1 European Cup Winners Cup

City
7 League, 3 FA Cup, 6 League Cup, 1 Champions League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.