Bournemouth (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

We haven't been at our best in recent games, but we're still right up there with Liverpool and Arsenal who seem to be scoring for fun. There's still a long way to go and it looks like we're mainly injury free now and being sensible with minutes for Haaland and KDB, in particular for the run in.

I would like to see us playing more convincingly, and especially being more clinical in front of goal. But to still be going strong after last season's exploits, is quite frankly amazing. No team have ever won the Premier league four times in a row and we have a battle on our hands to do it, but we're well in that battle. We've just got to trust Pep and the lads and hope that we're about to hit top form at the right time. We can't win the league every year, but hopefully we can make some further history this season. Anything else would be a huge bonus. It's a privilege to be a blue.
Stop talking so much sense, this forum is for whinging…:)

It’s concerning that these ‘lower’ teams are out performing us physically. We are the team that looks jaded in the latter stages of the game and they utilise all their high energy subs to push us back.
So many years of being in all competitions right up to the latter stages and being pushed in Premier League title races has to take it's toll at some stage.

Credit to the manager and players giving us yet another title race, Still being in the FA Cup and Champions League this season!

Pep has to use his squad to the best he can and try and grind out results at the minute.

Bournemouth along with "lower teams" only have to play once a week. At least the FA along with UEFA are helping teams massively with the fixture lists :/

If there is one game to spark our season into a better gear, it just so happens to be our best league match. I am expecting City to ramp up 2 or 3 levels. Come on City, let's see the real you. Get that First XI on the pitch.

Ederson
Walker Stones Dias Ake
KSB Rodri Foden
Bernardo Haaland Grealish

And destroy.

Liverpool have a relatively easier run home than us though, can’t see them dropping too many point at all and can afford to draw against us. We just have to beat them even then might not b enough
I'm 63 - years ago I used to look at fixtures and think 'beat them, beat them, only need a draw there' etc etc. The closing fixtures of a season never quite work out like that - always a small number of twists and turns. And to be honest, I prefer it when we go up against the other contenders because our intensity rockets. Yes, we can always lose those games - usually to a counter attack or a worldy from outside the box. Even when we've lost to Prem rivals - all the way back to Mancini - we've never been outplayed. I'd go as far as saying the last time we were outplayed was in the Champions League in 2015 - losing 1 - 0 at the Nou Camp - Messi at his imperious best and Joe having a stellar match.

I'm not sure that City have been at their best all season but it has been a very difficult season. KdB was out until mid January, Stones has missed a fair bit of the season, Erling too and we really missed Rodri when he was suspended. I would also add that Kovacic and Nunes don't look entirely comfortable in the team as yet and Doku, who has looked really explosive and thrilling has begun to look a little predictable and is having less influence on games. Neither KdB nor Erling look fully match fit yet and Dias seems to be struggling a bit. We have depended greatly on Phil, who is superb and Johnni Stones, who is unique. So last night, City exerted more and more control as the first half wore on but Bournmouth came out raring to go in the second half. I was biting my nails and living on my nerves in the second half. City certainly were not the smooth, well oiled joy to watch of sometimes past but they showed another side to Pep's teams - they dug deep, battled and won a hard fought victory.

So many years of being in all competitions right up to the latter stages and being pushed in Premier League title races has to take it's toll at some stage.

Credit to the manager and players giving us yet another title race, Still being in the FA Cup and Champions League this season!

Pep has to use his squad to the best he can and try and grind out results at the minute.

Bournemouth along with "lower teams" only have to play once a week. At least the FA along with UEFA are helping teams massively with the fixture lists :/
Totally agree. Some blue moaners forget that we've travelled around the world for extra games this season and picked up TWO TROPHIES in games that were a proper grind - one on a terrible pitch against a Fluminense side playing in a league that isn't so fussy about lunges. Despite what the drunk on Sky says, we have a small squad (by choice) and Pep uses it as best he can.

Just reading the match report in Sunday Mirror . I must have been a bit worse for wear because they said City survived a penalty shout against Doku fouling Adam Smith. Could have sworn that was a tussle outside the box.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.