FOC Roll Call :-)

Sunset Strip for me. 1956 FA Cup Final on rented 12" Granada TV (and mother charging neighbours 1 shilling to watch it) First Maine Road in 1957, can't remember the match but do recall being awed by the sight of so much green grass, not too much of it in Cheetham.

My 1st game was in 57. Not a clue who we played

Sunset Strip for me. 1956 FA Cup Final on rented 12" Granada TV (and mother charging neighbours 1 shilling to watch it) First Maine Road in 1957, can't remember the match but do recall being awed by the sight of so much green grass, not too much of it in Cheetham.
I saw the '55 final on a 7" telly with a great magnifying glass in front of it. We conceded in the first minute but I stayed for the next 69yrs hoping summat would turn up!

75, broken body, failing memory. Physical pain wiped out by Pep and his men. First game September 1955, can’t really remember it, but I do recall being overawed by Maine Road. First game watched 1955 Cup Final on Pathe News. Used to get taken to the swamp, hated it. First tv game 1956 Cup Final at a neighbour‘s house. Soon as I was old enough to go with a pal and no adult, on to the glorious Kippax, never been equalled. 1/6d =7.5p.
Highlights:
-The appointment of Poyser was the most typical City decision ever.
-The appointment of Joe Mercer a master stroke, so of course it ended in tears due to directors split.
- Capturing Pep.
-Playing highlights: Title won at Newcastle, Aguero goal and title won at MR, Champions league win, 2 losses to Shrewsbury, Halifax ugh, Colin Bell the King, David Silva leading Arsenal a merry dance, Alan Oakes, week in week out he was there.
Many joys, many tears.

75, broken body, failing memory. Physical pain wiped out by Pep and his men. First game September 1955, can’t really remember it, but I do recall being overawed by Maine Road. First game watched 1955 Cup Final on Pathe News. Used to get taken to the swamp, hated it. First tv game 1956 Cup Final at a neighbour‘s house. Soon as I was old enough to go with a pal and no adult, on to the glorious Kippax, never been equalled. 1/6d =7.5p.
Highlights:
-The appointment of Poyser was the most typical City decision ever.
-The appointment of Joe Mercer a master stroke, so of course it ended in tears due to directors split.
- Capturing Pep.
-Playing highlights: Title won at Newcastle, Aguero goal and title won at MR, Champions league win, 2 losses to Shrewsbury, Halifax ugh, Colin Bell the King, David Silva leading Arsenal a merry dance, Alan Oakes, week in week out he was there.
Many joys, many tears.

My old fella told me Poyser after being assistant Manager for 3 years Was appointed manager. In an interview he was asked if he’d had any thoughts about bring new players in. Poysers response was “I need to have a look what we have”

82 yrs young. Supported City since 1956 although during the child rearing years, being a single parent with 4 kids, could only afford the occasional matches! After they all settled down and left home I got to more games eventually getting a season ticket and going home, away and Europe.
Do I qualify as an FOC? ;-)
Probably qualify more for embalming than an FOC :+)

82 yrs young. Supported City since 1956 although during the child rearing years, being a single parent with 4 kids, could only afford the occasional matches! After they all settled down and left home I got to more games eventually getting a season ticket and going home, away and Europe.
Do I qualify as an FOC? ;-)
You're the best foc on here EB :) That actually sounds rude,but it wasn't meant to be. :) X

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.