The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've been saying for months that you're a fool to keep discounting Arsenal. I could be wrong about Liverpool, but when I watch them, I don't see near the same constant domination that Arsenal have done to teams this season. Arsenal reminds me of us in years past, and they're doing it without Jesus, who is 2x the players Trossard and Havertz are.
Arsenal also have less media pressure because the narrative is all about Liverpool beating City. In some ways Arsenal have got a free hit because few people expect them to win. I fear they could sneak up on the rails on both us and Liverpool.

I was intrigued to know how many times the champions haven’t had the best goal difference so I had a look Into it.
I just looked at the PL era rather than going all the way back to the introduction of the rule in the 1970s and in 31 seasons, the champions haven’t had the best GD on nine occasions so just under 30% of the time. It’s actually happened four times in the last 10 years, most recently when the dippers were champions in the interrupted covid season - we had the best goal difference despite finishing 18 points adrift. Leicester were champions in 2015-16 despite only having the third best goal difference that season.
Excellent summary I would have thought it was a bit less. Going back earlier is a bit problematic as we used to embrace a concept known as goal average. But of course it would be a simple but tiring pursuit to calculate either procedure.

anything less than a win in the derby and its over.
we have brutal hard away games left Brighton, dippers, Spurs. we can afford probably 1-2 draws in these only if we dont drop any points at home from 6 remaining games which also includes derby, Arsenal at the Etihad.

those fucking thrown away games Spurs home, Pool home, Chelsea away all from leading positions plus the Chelsea home draw from 30+ shots...
so many points down the toilet in those.

in return dippers getting so many extra points in end of extra times.

anything less than a win in the derby and its over.
we have brutal hard away games left Brighton, dippers, Spurs. we can afford probably 1-2 draws in these only if we dont drop any points at home from 6 remaining games which also includes derby, Arsenal at the Etihad.

those fucking thrown away games Spurs home, Pool home, Chelsea away all from leading positions plus the Chelsea home draw from 30+ shots...
so many points down the toilet in those.

in return dippers getting so many extra points in end of extra times.
No point looking back. We played crap and dropped points.

Away to Brighton is not the same this season. Spurs is a bogey and so is Liverpool. Two draws would not be the end of the world. Momentum is with the dips. We just need to stay with them.

Maybe it is their year. Masterstroke by Klopp to announce leaving when he needed to get that extra percent from players and the outpouring of emotions.

As long as he goes I don’t care.

I think we actually need to win out from here already to win it. Those twats managing to keep winning with half their team out isn’t good news.

injury time doesnt matter because Pep refuses to make this an issue in the pressers. Klopp/Arteta calls out quite often, also berate the refs often too, guess what, thats what Webb understands from.

Pep refused to even mention the pen calls vs Chelsea recently (3 of them). guess what it also made zero news in media the week after.
compare that to Arteta outcry vs Newcastle few months back it dominated the news and ref made sure they are on Arse side since then.
or Klopp vs the offside goal in the Spurs game. since then they got numerous "lucky" decisions. two pens not given against them vs Chelsea in the PL game recently etc.

we like to be too nice to refs, especially in the media. it gets us the refereeing we get. thats it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.