United Thread - 2023/24

When they were dominating in the 90s and 00s and we were flirting between mid table prem and yo-yoing from the championship, I don’t think the gap in quality was as big as it is now.

And as long as Pep is here and Onana is playing for them, that gap will get bigger.
They were never exactly purveyors of stylish football though were they. I think back to '99 and they weren't favourites to win, playing swashbuckling football. They played kick and rush football, sprinting down the wing and crossing into the box in the hopes someone would get on the end of it. It was a pretty effective style in the Premier League at the time, but it wasn't pretty, it was barely dominant even in our league and it most certainly wasn't a team that led to a paradigm shift for the league.

They were never exactly purveyors of stylish football though were they. I think back to '99 and they weren't favourites to win, playing swashbuckling football. They played kick and rush football, sprinting down the wing and crossing into the box in the hopes someone would get on the end of it. It was a pretty effective style in the Premier League at the time, but it wasn't pretty, it was barely dominant even in our league and it most certainly wasn't a team that led to a paradigm shift for the league.
3-6 really fast adequate footballers waiting for play to break down is my lasting memory of their play. Cantona signing was world changing for them, if I was looking for a simile with Us Ya Ya for us changed a good side into a great side. I tend to have a romantic side though so stats might prove me way off

You know I remember when we were shit, I mean really shit. Having said that I at least remember us having a go in derbies.

Even at 0-1, if it were a fight the ref would consider stopping it!

These plonkers saying the rags played well and were carrying out their master plan are bonkers. Rags were totally shit.

Even at 2-1 they played like the feckless **** cowards they are. #nocharecter

You know I remember when we were shit, I mean really shit. Having said that I at least remember us having a go in derbies.

Even at 0-1, if it were a fight the ref would consider stopping it!

These plonkers saying the rags played well and were carrying out their master plan are bonkers. Rags were totally shit.

Even at 2-1 they played like the feckless **** cowards they are. #nocharecter

Agree. There has to come a point in a derby where you have to at the least show some heart, they were absolute fucking shite

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.