United Thread - 2023/24

Is it just me or has anyone seen Onana actually catch a ball? And I'm sure 95% of his saves (parrys are more of an apt description) are what pundits would call saves for the cameras. Relatively easy saves made to look good by flinging yourself at them in an exaggerated manner. Overrated clown of a keeper.
Weirdly, I actually thought he was their best player yesterday.

Cut out a number of crosses, and actually kept the score down with some half decent saves.

Not disputing that he's a bit suspect, but thought he was generally decent yesterday.

My nephew, forced into being a United fan by his arrogant father, (you know the type; saw them win everything in the 90's/2000's and firmly believes it's Utd's 'right' to win trophies) was incredibly angry last night, shouting "I HATE UNITED!"

It was bittersweet. I hate the fact the lad has been effectively coerced rather than being allowed to make his own decision, but to see the look on his Raggy dad's face as he saw his United supporting legacy crushed under the weight of criticism from his own son... yeah I had a quiet chuckle.

I don't think Onana is a great keeper, I don't even think he is a good keeper: he'd be okay in the Championship but I do not see him as being anywhere near good enough for the Premier League - which of course makes me happy.
But on the other hand he is not their weakest link, they've got way too many candidates for that particular position. So why did ten bob let him go for free to Inter when they were together at Ajax, and then convince the rags to pay £40 million for him a bit later?

It's this scattergun approach from the vermin that has made them a laughing stock in the footballing world, starting with the pisscan bringing the Portuguese Ponce back: the fucking old drunkard seriously believed we wanted him? What an insult to Pep. A washed-up, showboating transvestite with an ego as big as the solar system playing for someone like Pep?

Fucking SCUM!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.