Michael Wilson Rest in Peace

Zabbasbeard

Team supported
Manchester City
At half time I received news that fellow Blue Michael Wilson had passed away in a Hospice in Derbyshire.

I met Michael at walking football a few years ago.

Michael was such a lovely gentleman and a solid, dependable defender. I always enjoyed playing with him, without exception. Always calm, forever on the level, he was a wonderful man. A true sportsman and a credit to our Senior Spireites club. It was only a few short months ago that we played together. He came to watch us when he still could. My friend Dave and I were hoping to visit him next week but it wasn't to be. I hope he was as comfortable and pain free as possible.

Michael supported Manchester City since he was a boy when he was taken to see City and also followed his native Chelmsford City. He was a total credit to both clubs whose shirts he wore at Walking Football.

Today we will have a minute's silence for Michael.

That Derby win was for you Michael.

Heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

He will be sadly missed by all of us. It was particularly emotional when Phil Foden scored just a few minutes after I received news of Michael's sad and premature passing. Tears of sadness.

Very sad. Rest in peace.

Phil

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.