Trouble in the North Stand second tier vs United

I was also in the K stand that day and, like you, when Bob smashed it in, i lost my head for a few moments and jumped up screaming.
It was a stupid, stupid, thing to do and i should have expected a few slaps at least. Luckily, (very luckily), I had two things in my favour.
1) I was sat in the middle of my two mates (united fans who'd got me my ticket) so had nobody immediately next to me. And
2) whilst a couple of lads behind me had plenty to say, and possibly would have given me a well-deserved few digs, I have to say that a LOT of united fans in the area realised i was just a giddy young lad who forgot where he was for a moment and calmed them down. A few minutes later when it had all calmed down, one bloke sat just behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said "dont worry Son, we've all done it. Just keep your head down for the rest of the game and get straight away at full time".
Ive never forgotten that and, whilst i hate united as much as anyone, i do sometimes think of those lads surrounding me and keeping me safe when i lost my head for a second and wonder what might have happened if i hadnt been so lucky.

Good times.
We were doing brilliantly during the game, politely applauding at the correct times even when the Rags took the lead against the run of play , but when Brightwell stuck that goal in , like you , we couldnt contain ourselves if it had been a scrappy goal fair enough but a 30 yarder at the Swamp cannot be envisaged , it was well worth the good hiding in the end :)

Firms like these are a large part of the problem.

£309 for a ticket in 109, pretty sure some "fans" will see that and think I'll have a bit of that. Sell 3 of those and it pays for your season ticket for the other 15 matches.

Guy next to me in 105 paid £400 for his ticket.

That seat was a season ticket seat for about 10 years. The club have refused to let a bloke a bit further along the row buy it for his son who is desperate for his first season ticket.

It's the club who are the biggest touts not individual fans.

The club love this shit.

We were doing brilliantly during the game, politely applauding at the correct times even when the Rags took the lead against the run of play , but when Brightwell stuck that goal in , like you , we couldnt contain ourselves if it had been a scrappy goal fair enough but a 30 yarder at the Swamp cannot be envisaged , it was well worth the good hiding in the end :)
I was in the seats in The North Stand in the last block before the Stretford End.
As a daft 17 year old I jumped up but there were loads of blues dotted around the block who jumped up too so got away with it.
Got plenty of v signs from Rags stood on The Stretford End, laughed at them but left sharpish a couple of minutes before the end.

I agree with your sentiments.
The problem is "tourists" don't understand the situation they're in.
I reckon this happens all the time across big games World Wide - people with money buying tickets and not getting potential consequences
I've been to games as a tourist all over the word, never had an issue. However I'm always aware of what end I'm in and generally & generally don't give much of a toss about the result.

Just wanted to say I'm at a total loss as to how tourists don't understand you can't celebrate an away goal in the home end.

I'm from the US and one of the very first things I learned about football in England is that crowd segregation is a thing, and it's enforced. You only need to watch one or two matches on TV to figure that out.

(As a side note, we badly need crowd segregation at our sporting events in the US, too many away fans constantly feel emboldened to act like tits because they're free to mix with the home support.)

Could have gone in the match day or atmosphere thread.

The Mibs met up in 7 Brothers, Ancoats Square.

Saw them when I went in for a drink.

They left together about 20 minutes after I arrived.

Shortly after they left GMP began following them.

As you can see from the picture, GMP hadn’t caught up with them at that point.

They were heading to the Townley again just like last season, but they went a different route last season and got close to the Townley before being stopped by GMP. They cut through the park, into the housing estate, came up the ginel and got close to the Townley before GMP piled in on them, and City started throwing bottles and pint pots full of beer at them. They then made their way back down the ginel, through the other side of the housing estate, and attacked City fans at the Corner Shop pub.

Apprently GMP boxed off all the roads and routes around the Townley to stop the Mibs getting to the Townley again. By the time I got to the South stand their numbers were down to a handful who had been boxed in by GMP opposite the South stand.

This isn’t my picture.

Manchester United lads on their way to the Etihad stadium this afternoon.(click to enlarge picture)

View attachment 109263
Wouldn't have fancied their chances against the Cool Cats back in the day. Why the Townley not Marys ?

Wouldn't have fancied their chances against the Cool Cats back in the day. Why the Townley not Marys ?
They tried Mary D's a few years back. Remember the videos? They got chased off after City came out of Mary D's and the pub that's now the Tesco. Forgot what it's called, even though I used to drink in it. :-?

They tried Mary D's a few years back. Remember the videos? They got chased off after City came out of Mary D's and the pub that's now the Tesco. Forgot what it's called, even though I used to drink in it. :-?
The Victoria I think

I’ve been in the “wrong” end once in my life (at West Ham) and I’d never do it again as I couldn’t enjoy the day. We lost and I was conscious of being City all the way through.

The rags are the ultimate love hate club and only one of their odious fans celebrates a goal in our section. It’s so disrespectful to do it.
I've been in the Geldard End at Leeds as a mate from school was a Leeds Fan, he failed to pick another mate (Leeds Fan) on the way cos he was picking us up, and the guy he failed to pick up, let his other Leeds mates know and when Leeds scored I had my jumper ripped of my back and we had to move sharpish, and when we got back to his car, all 4 tyres had been let down! (Nice Mate!!)
I've stood in the Stretford End, for a 1-0 loss, we scored, I celebrated, along with quite a few blues, and just as things were looking dodgy, the goal was disallowed and as they celebrated, all the City fans grouped together and moved to the front en-mass!!
I've also stood in the Scoreboard paddock for a 2-2 draw with City scoring the first 2, before they brought Frank Stapleton on, who scored twice :-(, that was horrible as I was not only a City fan but also ENGLISH!!!! (Irish!!)
I've also stood in the Kop, for the 3-1 win when Joe Corrigan got hit by a bottle! The dippers were (far doos) OK as they knew I was a City fan and a guy who was stood right behind me, saw who threw the bottle and went and told the old Bill and got him knicked! :-) and they were all signing for Corrigan!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.