United Thread - 2023/24

The PR bullshit from Seb Coe has started.

Really Seb? The first thing he wants to talk about is Manchester United? Not the reason you are meeting him? Not you, your sporting life, your political career, the London Olympics, etc. Just Manchester United?

Coe, the architect of the 2012 Olympics, will chair the taskforce and Burnham believes the benefits could equal those brought to East London over the last decade.

‘It could be on that scale and it could be more because of this club and the desire of people around the world to be associated with this club,’ he added.

‘I do trade missions around the world. Meeting the second gentleman of the US, the Vice President’s husband, and the first thing he wants to do is talk about Manchester United. It is that big. The power of this club for us is massive. It’s got that reach. We need set it up for the 21st century and in doing so I think we will bring huge economic benefits for our residents.’

Burnham is coming out with similar bullshit as well. Even though he does praise City for the investment they have made in East Manchester. And yes, Burnham is still hinting at tax payers money being used for the stadium proposal.

Ref the highlighted bit above - I took my wife to the ABBA voyage show a few weeks ago. We stayed in Stratford about a 5 minute walk from what was the Olympic park / Olympic stadium. Stratford certainly doesn’t look like it has benefited much from being the centre of the Olympics not when compared to the impact our owner has had in Manchester

Ref the highlighted bit above - I took my wife to the ABBA voyage show a few weeks ago. We stayed in Stratford about a 5 minute walk from what was the Olympic park / Olympic stadium. Stratford certainly doesn’t look like it has benefited much from being the centre of the Olympics not when compared to the impact our owner has had in Manchester
I have absolutely no idea what state the area around Etihad was like, before the stadium was built, but the regeneration is clear for all to see.

The PR bullshit from Seb Coe has started.

Really Seb? The first thing he wants to talk about is Manchester United? Not the reason you are meeting him? Not you, your sporting life, your political career, the London Olympics, etc. Just Manchester United?

Coe, the architect of the 2012 Olympics, will chair the taskforce and Burnham believes the benefits could equal those brought to East London over the last decade.

‘It could be on that scale and it could be more because of this club and the desire of people around the world to be associated with this club,’ he added.

‘I do trade missions around the world. Meeting the second gentleman of the US, the Vice President’s husband, and the first thing he wants to do is talk about Manchester United. It is that big. The power of this club for us is massive. It’s got that reach. We need set it up for the 21st century and in doing so I think we will bring huge economic benefits for our residents.’

Burnham is coming out with similar bullshit as well. Even though he does praise City for the investment they have made in East Manchester. And yes, Burnham is still hinting at tax payers money being used for the stadium proposal.

The first question from the vice president of America to Seb Coe is about Utd lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.