Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

On clear cut chances mate we had more. The width of half a post from victory. Twice.
Liverpool and in particular Klopp's, are a maniacal, duracel bunny pressing team , at home pumped up to the max (yes including dubious substances ).We are a control, pass and move possession team. We will see if they can keep it up for a potential 20 more games, with half their squad creaking at the seams.
Yes we've not reached the dizzy heights thus far but who's to say Pep hasn't got his timing right again and we're about to get our second wind when required.
The fact we're still talking about back to back (I won't say it) is nothing short of a miracle. We showed we can stick in there, fight till the end and never give in.
It may well be a bridge too far but really you should know NEVER to write this squad of players off .
Not really twice as Foden’s would never have counted. Take your point though we had chances but they were by far the better team overall.

I think Pep is at fault for bigging up the dippers and the so called atmosphere at Anfield. We look beaten before we go out there and watching them get off the team bus it looked like they thought they were going into the Valley of death. They were there to be beaten yesterday and we shit the bed , sloppy passing in the first half and panic stations second. Bernie in particular lost his focus yesterday and was lucky to stay on the pitch and we had no control of the game whatsoever. Saying that it was a game we couldn’t afford to lose and a point is not a bad result at all
I don't disagree with that but the same applied long before Pep rocked up, we seem scared of them, and that sickens me, after the words of Trent Arnold we should have come out and battered the disrespectable MFs

And even more importantly, make sure that shark toothed twat does not end his reign with the title.

Last edited:
I think Pep is at fault for bigging up the dippers and the so called atmosphere at Anfield. We look beaten before we go out there and watching them get off the team bus it looked like they thought they were going into the Valley of death. They were there to be beaten yesterday and we shit the bed , sloppy passing in the first half and panic stations second. Bernie in particular lost his focus yesterday and was lucky to stay on the pitch and we had no control of the game whatsoever. Saying that it was a game we couldn’t afford to lose and a point is not a bad result at all
Add to that, the fact that we decided to stay in Manchester a day before and only travelled on Sunday and the route change to avoid the Zombie mob , makes it a bit bigger deal than it should really be.
Maybe if Pep resents them the way he does United or Madrid - our players could be more feral and confident.

I would also add and it hurts to say it, I admire the way the Pisscan sent out the rags when they played the dippers, they had no respect of the team or anfield and went out and gave it to them and in the vast majority of times won.

Add to that, the fact that we decided to stay in Manchester a day before and only travelled on Sunday and the route change to avoid the Zombie mob , makes it a bit bigger deal than it should really be.
Maybe if Pep resents them the way he does United or Madrid - our players could be more feral and confident.
Im pretty sure we wouldnt stay in liverpool, or everton, or united/sheff/burnley for that matter , the night before a game

Spot on with the rest of the points though

I've just got up to see the highlights coz it was too late over here.
We should have won, hit the bar and post and had 3/4 good chances , their keeper got lucky and we gifted them a pen. The only lucky bit was the Diaz miss.
Reading the post match for a few mins during the night it sounded like we didn't turn up.
Ridiculous
10 games left , 3 horse race , 30 points for grabs and we haven't hit full stride yet.
Pressure and tiredness will play a part.
It's only ridiculous because you watched the highlights instead of the game. We played really well for first 10 minutes, then Liverpool slowly started getting some possession and the game became even. After we scored, we slowed it down instead of going for the kill, it was all Liverpool afterwards and we got a few chances here and there against the run of play.

If you can’t win don’t lose
Although doku tried his best
It was a stupid thing to do inside the penalty box. Luckily he got a bit of contact with the ball which saved us. It was a misplaced pass from Liverpool that Ake gifted it back to them for their penalty. It was Nunez not Salah to accurately score from that angle, so Ederson could have saved the effort instead he went for a Hollywood tackle and injured himself.
Lack of composure everywhere on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.