Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

We didn't take advantage when we were on top, and Ake's mistake turned the game.

Liverpool played out of their skins in the 2nd half, hugely encouraged by the equalizer and Ederson's injury. Klopp was right that their press was the best he has ever seen against us. One of their secrets this season is that they run like mad in the 2nd half. That was like a tsunami that forces mistakes and gets stronger by the mistakes. That we survived it might be the key to winning the league.

We weren't at our best, we had too many attacking minded players whose forte isn't to keep the ball rolling against a tsunami. Stones was lost in midfield, he was a bit too advanced at times for such a big game at Anfield... Our press wasn't intensive enough, they bypassed it, there was a gap between the front 4 and our midfield. Positioning was wrong. Either the high press should be of the highest quality or it should be applied only in some moments. It was neither...

Now, the number of times Liverpool can play out of their skin is limited, energy is a bounded resource. Those gargantuan efforts may well catch up with them in the final 1-2 months. They are already catching up with them, given the number of injuries...

Will be interesting. Pep should change things and make us more solid in midfield. We can do it. That experiment with trying to make room for all of Haaland, KDB, Foden and Alvarez is weakening the midfield. We need Grealish back. And more of Kovacic. Those two wouldn't have fed the tsunami to that extent, especially Grealish if in top form.

Egypt already agreed to Salah not being called up in the break now for 2 games. how nice haha

now Southgate to offer the same the fucker probably makes Grealish to travel down to make a test on him personally...
Southgate will be doing us a favour if he gets Grealish back to match fitness. We are are in a

Decent point I think. I would have took one before the game started and we had enough chances to win the game. I don’t really remember our keepers having to make that many saves. We let them back in with a silly mistake. We’re 1 behind with 10 to play. If we lost we would have been 4 behind.. lots of over reaction every time we don’t win.

Missed the 1st half yesterday, managed to get back just as we conceeded the penalty.

So i can only judge of that 2nd half display, we were not very composed, the dippers were missing key players but were up for it with young legs on the pitch running everywhere

It was for me though a very un-city performance. The passing and decision making was very rushed and not composed as Pep usually demands - we played into their hands by making it somewhat chaotic

Thought we were very lucky to get away with a point.

Maybe after everything that was achieved and won Pep needs to look at replacing players in certain positions ?

Kovacic was no doubt a stop gap for gundogan's departure, and not getting bellingham - so that is one replacement on the cards for me.

Still can win this though, but if we dont then fair do's cos we weren't strong enough

Last edited:
Missed the 1st half yesterday, managed to get back just as we conceeded the penalty.

So i can only judge of that 2nd half display, we were not very composed, the dippers were missing key players but were up for it with young legs on the pitch running everywhere

It was for me though a very un-city performance. The passing and decision making was very rushed and not composed as Pep usually demands - we played into their hands by making it somewhat chaotic

Thought we were very lucky to get away with a point.

Maybe after everything that was achieved and won Pep needs to look at replacing players in certain positions ?

Kovacic was no doubt a stopgapto ug gundogan's departure, and not getting bellingham - so that is one replacement on the cards for me.
We simply did not cope with their energy and youthfulness, that was the issue after a brilliant opening 10 minutes when we looked superb.

We need a major fresh up this summer, we are starting to have a few passengers at times and key players running on fumes.

The amount of games we play for me Pep needs to rethink squad size, ours is far too small and with the Euros/cops america in the summer, most of these players will be on their last legs before the start of next season even starts.

The introduction of Kovacic saved the point for us.
He's going to very important for the remainder of the season.

Liverpool still went through us like butter when he came on just watch it! It might of felt we had more control but the way Liverpool play doesn't matter who you have in midfield they play so quickly press so fast play the ball continually down or wings it's hard to cope who ever you are..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.