PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

No, I am telling you that they may have done. it depends on what is motivating them.

It is not unprecedented for a claim to be zealously pursued (or defended) even though the prospects of success are not great.
I agree. It is entirely possible that the predominant thrust of the PL bringing 115 charges against City is a malicious attempt to do harm to the club even though the legal advice probably indicated that the PL's prospect of success was relatively low. The PL have a billion quid in the bank. That's their war chest. The PL can afford the legal bills and there are lawyers who will take the challenge on because they are being paid very well and for a very lengthy period of time win or lose.

Nope. Civil fraud is definitely a Thing.
Indeed it is. I've said before that the three directors of a company I worked for went to prison for 14 years between them for covering up losses and therefore presenting false and misleading accounts. They didn't enrich themselves by this fraud,

With regard to the 4 years and taking so long part I in no way take that as the PL having spent ages getting together a thorough case. Imo up until the June 21 hearing result the PL probably had very little information at all and maybe just the der speigel stuff. The case notes from then indicate their had been little progress at that point.

They rushed out the charges as we can all see that with the fuck up of the press release and not notifying the club. The limitations act kicking in on some of the times scales of things they want to pursue was probably behind that if this is deemed a civil case.

As far as the Premier league goes if Everton are getting parts of sanctions over turned in a straight forward case, what happens to them in a case as complex as what they are up against with City. They are in some very deep shit here and it doesn’t seem like there’s no off ramp for them.

If the PL had a “smoking gun” then this would all be done and dusted by now, and there’d be no need for the non-cooperation charge as they’d already have the evidence they needed.
It suits us for this to go all the way to the panel and when we’re cleared we can point out that we followed the process as required, with nothing to hide and no shady payoffs to shit it down. Won’t make a difference to the moronic Harris and his clown mates or the dickhead scousers and rags who NEED us to be found guilty though. But who gives a fuck about them.

The way the media are talking then anyone suspected of a crime just refuses to cooperate & there’s nothing that can be done.

my biggest fear is if some of the charges are proven then the compensation claims from the teams who missed out on champions league football etc could bankrupt our club.

So much at stake

my biggest fear is if some of the charges are proven then the compensation claims from the teams who missed out on champions league football etc could bankrupt our club.

So much at stake
How much were Liverpool successfully sued for by other teams for the English team European competition ban following Heysel?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.