Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Watching that game today was like watching a fight in a nightclub between two drunken old skanks.

You feel a bit dirty for watching, but are strangely transfixed as to which one will come off the worse.

You may even secretly be rooting for one but are ashamed about it.

Today it was the drugged up scouse slag who got decked by the southern tart up here for the crack.

Hey ho, at least the quads gone so probably the right result.
Always been a fan of erotic literature.

While I was happy with the rags getting through, I'm a bit pissed off that a shite rag team scored twice against Liverpool in 90 minutes. Something we've failed to do this season.

What was the bit he spouted about resources? It's missed from that transcript.
I think it was about fatigue caused by injuries and playing too many games and how United were in a better position as a result. It's not easy operating on a shoestring budget.

Went offline for a couple of hours and hadn't realised how much their head has fell off over this loss. Hopefully it festers for 2 weeks now.

End of season meltdown would be great, they have got good fixtures though.

The dippers in work bought into it, they got quite angry when i giggled about the Europa League being like the Leyland Daf trophy
Probably the post I was searching so as to have a relatively clear picture of the situation...

I must have missed some serious media BS lately. Because I will admit, first time I heard about this nonsense was yesterday, following our match, by the well known lady "journalist". It was the beginning of the post match discussion, I think, to which I passed as a) wasn't in the mood, and b) had more serious things to do...

OK. First comment would be, every time City won the Carabao Cup in the recent past (a Cup already won by Liverpool this season, in 118' vs Chelsea), I clearly remember rival fans, Liverpool fans particularly included, addressing it as the Micky Mouse Cup. But that is minor...

I literally could not believe what I had just heard -and yes, I can count from 1 to 4. It seems there are (actually were) media people (which means, people professionally involved with the sport) out there, as well as Liverpool fans, talking about the possibility of a "quadruple", am I correct? A "quadruple", however, with a very specific content. Let me get this straight: Leaving aside the fact that missing CL football is an emphatic failure in itself (which everyone seems to conveniently forget as Jürgen is such a nice guy, right?), these people are (actually were) referring to a possible "quadruple" that DID NOT include the CL trophy. Which would present what, a historic achievement, like canceling out City's treble? Seriously?

It reminded me of a similar discussion two years ago. The same club was involved (obviously...), the difference being, back then there was indeed a CL trophy in the horizon. Apparently they were left with just two Cups in the end, both won in penalties, if I remember well. Still they did not hesitate proceeding to their glorious ... parade, did they? Celebrating like, what the fuck exactly?

Anyway. The media creating BS stories and myths, nothing new about that. The thing is, you can never claim you've seen it all in this life. Or heard it all. Never ever. I mean it. Because life will prove you fucking wrong. Period.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.