City Signed Georgi Kinkladze July 15th 1995

The most exciting player to ever play for City

(Yes, we know that he’s not the best player to ever play for City, but even Bernardo, with his ridiculous technique and dribbling, can’t match Kinky’s combination of close control and standing acceleration away from players in 95/96. I’ve only ever seen Messi and Maradonna do the same - and yes, they were miles better players, you boring bastards)
Bernardo has done it constantly at the highest level against the best teams, Kinkladze was doing it mainly against players from lower divisions, when he felt like it

Bernardo has done it constantly at the highest level against the best teams, Kinkladze was doing it mainly against players from lower divisions, when he felt like it
No, he did it as much as he could. His acceleration with the ball from a standing start was quite incredible. Bernardo is wonderful of course but on this point Gio was much better

No one is saying that Kinky is a better player than Bernado

His ball control and technical abilities were excellent. As good as anything I've seen in a Blue shirt.

Yup, some people do actually believe that if pushed they'd say Kinky was better than Bernardo, but it's like groundhog day when people constantly try to match players from different eras up.

Mick Doyle was a colossus for us too and should never be compared to a modern footballer.

I honestly cannot think of any instance where Kinkladze is anywhere near as good as Bernardo
His is for me the best dribbler I've seen in a City shirt. I know Bernie's dribbling is good , but everytime he got it he'd have you off your seat. Bernardo of course has the workmate and can anywhere. We all know Kinky wasn't that

Yup, some people do actually believe that if pushed they'd say Kinky was better than Bernardo, but it's like groundhog day when people constantly try to match players from different eras up.

Mick Doyle was a colossus for us too and should never be compared to a modern footballer.
No one is saying that he was a better all round player than Bernardo but Kinkladze's technique was was brilliant. Now that's my opinion and you are entitled to yours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.