Protest?

This won't happen but if it does the club might then start selling some cheap tickets just from 80 minutes onwards

Some fans might then get up to 20 minutes football for say a tenner

Maybe we should buy everything in the club shop?

That will show em!

Seeing as everything goes up each year I dont see a problem. I guess my view isnt going to be popular.

If I get a 6% pay rise I dont notice that in my wage packet really, an extra couple of quid.

I think for value for money City are great

Or I've been caught lol

20240322_124433.jpg

Really?

Am I the only one thinking what the fuck?

Just like everything else on the world inflation hits every business, including football clubs.

The amount of money sheikh mansour has poured into the club and you're talking about walking out at a game in protest?

Listen I know not everyone is made of money and yes the working class fans who are part of the furniture here are struggling but unfortunately times change and things evolve and move on.

But a protest? It's a no from me.

Nothing that harms the team.

Lobby the guy that interviews Khaldoon to ask pertinent,searching questions of the boss in the end of season session.

Next season won't change now, however the following season coincides with the opening of the NS expansion and beneficial decisions could be wrapped up with that so that nobody loses face and every one wins.

Simple but smart PR & marketing !!

Staying quiet for the first half? Just complete silence. No chants. That would really hit home as the City directors watched the match. It's something everyone can do whilst still being in the ground. Get the South stand and blocks 111, 110 and 109 to stay quiet and the rest of the ground will follow. You might get the odd chant from NSL1, but it wouldn't be audible. Pep and players can be informed of the quiet protest, so they know why it's happening.

I've seen it done in Italy in Serie A. It was really eerie, but effective. Just silence.

PS. Fuck off jrb! Go and support FC United at Pallet Park

Admittedly a dim memory (so could be bullshit) - did the Ultras of Serie A order their folks to display flags upside down or wave white hankies as a form of protest?

There have been some good suggestions, dont take your seat until 15 minutes after kick off, leave 10 minutes before the end, stay silent, I do them anyway so how will the club know I am protesting ?

Whilst not particularly happy about the price increases I see them as inevitable in the current econmic climate. As many others have said though, I'm not impressed one little bit about the way that the club treat long time supporters these days.

The sea change of the noises that come out of the club in regard to the supporters in the last decade and a half would be remarkable if it weren't so epically predictable.

"It's your club not ours, we want to support you, we don't want to take your club away from you" (feel free to add whatever plattitudes of your own at this point) = "if you lot upsticks now because you're concerned about foreign ownership and where it may lead the club then our project is dead in the water before it's even got off the ground!".

Fast forward slightly over a decade and a half...

1)Constant snipes from outside about empty seats and constant snipes from outside and inside the club about matchday atmosphere - both of these problems have been directly caused / added to by club policies.

2)The club cannot wait to hang the entire fanbase out to dry, in public, whenever 1 or 2 of said fanbase misbehave.

3)The club constantly paints its own fanbase as being on the same level as the vile, feral, murdering dippers and acts like the animosity has arisen as a result of '6 of one and half a dozen of the other'. It clearly hasn't.

4)The club not only has no qualms about sending its supporters into potentially life threatening situations (- indeed, they had no problem whatsoever backing up ludicrously poor travel advice issued by uefa) and, seen retrospectively, quite clearly couldn't care less about the problems encountered by supporters on the trip - not a fucking dickiebird has been said by the club (this really grates when taking into account point 2 above).

Of course its still our club, which they don't wish to take away from us and they still want to support us...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.