Russian invasion of Ukraine

Surely such an attack would make Putin look week, so a false flag would be counter productive ? Though obviously the Russian media won’t exactly tell the public the truth. Na Prawda.

Cynical (though, probably accurate) conjecture aside, if people were actually killed and injured in the attack, it is absolutely horrific the loss of life.

And even more horrific the likely additional suffering, death, and destruction that Putin will unleash in "response" to it.
40 dead over 100 injured so far.

My friend wondered if most of them had spoiled their ballots in the election.

It's really not difficult to be cynical in this situation as Putin has form on using his own people for his political gain.

40 dead over 100 injured so far.

My friend wondered if most of them had spoiled their ballots in the election.

It's really not difficult to be cynical in this situation as Putin has form on using his own people for his political gain.
I was just discussing this with the missus, who has a degree in international relations, before she pursued art (and a terminal degree in fine arts), and she said it will be very telling who is named among the victims, as it would not surprise her at all if they turn out to be dissenters or even supporters that had recently not shown adequate levels of enthusiasm toward Putin.

Putin rarely does anything without having multiple motives and targets for control.

I was just discussing this with the missus, who has a degree in international relations, before she pursued art (and a terminal degree in fine arts), and she said it will be very telling who is named among the victims, as it would not surprise her at all if they turn out to be dissenters or even supporters that had recently not shown adequate levels of enthusiasm toward Putin.

Putin rarely does anything without having multiple motives and targets for control.

You can be certain not a single friend of his was anywhere near the building that’s for sure.

Surely such an attack would make Putin look week, so a false flag would be counter productive ? Though obviously the Russian media won’t exactly tell the public the truth. Na Prawda.
This is an attack--legitimate or false flag--that Putin can blame on Ukraine, which can be used to renew a siege mentality, allow him to intensify his internal crackdown on dissent (under the guise of combatting domestic terrorism), and escalate the war in Ukraine (to test the resolve of the US and Europe). It may even have been also designed to send a clear message to less enthusiastic members of the Russian elite.

And right after his "landslide" electoral victory? I doubt it will be seen as a sign of weakness. Most in Russia will be rethinking their behaviour.

This is an attack--legitimate or false flag--that Putin can blame on Ukraine, which can be used to renew a siege mentality, allow him to intensify his internal crackdown on dissent (under the guise of combatting domestic terrorism), and escalate the war in Ukraine (to test the resolve of the US and Europe). It may even have been also designed to send a clear message to less enthusiastic members of the Russian elite.

And right after his "landslide" electoral victory? I doubt it will be seen as a sign of weakness. Most in Russia will be rethinking their behaviour.
Yeah that makes sense. Timing is perfect, coming up to offensive season on the front lines.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.