PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

No one is expecting Khaldoon to call up TS and give it the big one, but the club has not issued a statement about this for over a year. I fail to see how a brief statement about our engagement with the process; the absence of any substantive evidence; asserting that the delay is down to the process, not us; and reaffirming our innocence would be against the club’s best interests. If those four elements are true (which I believe they are) I can’t see why that doesn’t happen, given the length of time for this still to play out and recent events in relation to other clubs.

I can see nothing wrong with the club reaffirming its position at this stage.
Khaldoon knows exactly what he is doing with the wall of silence. We shouldn't have to keep reaffirming our position year in year out. He knows we have done nothing wrong, everyone else knows we have done nothing wrong, this is the final attempt by all involved to bring us down.

Ain't going to happen. I await Khaldoon's statement when we are cleared of any wrongdoings telling us and the football world how wrong they are!

This would be a waste of time.
Citys' owners have already issued their statement, nothing has changed, lawyers have been employed (the best, who wouldn't take on a case without a high probability of success.
So nothing new to add, no need to further explain our position.
How can you say nothing has changed? In over a year? Loads has changed.

Once this is done, I would love the club to bring out 115 merch. Something like:

It wasn’t me
Or
115 not out

Boil piss everyday -:)

What about City as main shirt sponsor and 115 on the sleeve. Name one of the hospitality lounges in the new North Stand as the 115 club. It’s got a lot of mileage in it.

If Manchester City are found to be proven guilty of these charges (100% believe we won't be btw), i'm not going to care one jot. Because what would Sheikh Mansour be guilty of; investing money into his own football club in a way that a corrupt organisation wasn't happy with. It's not exactly the crime of the century, nor is it even heinous.

An owner wanting to invest their own money in their own business but it was against the (new) rules. Oh my goodness the shame and disgust I would feel. How could I honestly hold my head up high and respect the man any more? "Cheats!" when other clubs have spent more with less success over the same time period, so clearly money isn't the defining factor for success.

Some are acting like he's stolen money, embezzeled it, then used that money to fund underhanded deals, that City were incapable of making £30m transfer deals. We've had smart, business savvy, orchestrators on our board, who've gone after the right targets, given them the best facilities and had patience for it to work.

That's been the secrecy to City's success, not the funding.

Except things have changed haven't they? Inevitably with the passage of time

The constant innuendo.
Other clubs charged.
Similarities and conclusions incorrectly drawn.
Libelous articles.
Slanderous shows.
New rules.
New Football Governance Bill.

The landscape has changed greatly - even if the spurious charges have remained.

Nobody is expecting the Gettysburg Addres (although that was actually short), just something to tied us through the constant shit. A brief reiteration would suffice. Something to galvanise us from the fatigue of this constant barrage - at a time when we're being asked to fork out for next season and the run-in.
I think so too. If it was just a normal Company you would expect a no comment with a legal case but its unique circumstances where the fans by extension are being insulted everytime they check the news or go out. We are historically a very stoic fanbase compared to our needy rivals couldn't imagine them coping at all but would like the club to do something.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.