PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Have the “we got away with it” crew showed up yet?

I read a comment in the mail and someone said “ even if they did nothing, the league need to charge them at least once to justify cost” lol.

This is what we are dealing with. Can’t be real people typing that crap. Can it?
It's like asking the judge to give marks for effort in a murder trial.

"I know he didn't do it, and someone else has admitted it...but look at all the people here? Look at all the paperwork. I had to stay up late doing that. It must be worth a couple of years?"

I understand why they refuse to comment on the current case but when cretins like Jordan come out on national radio saying that we only got off at CAS because of time-barring, they could come out with a statement of fact that rubbishes that myth. Then he can't repeat it.
We're giving the likes of Jerk Off Jordan enough rope to professionally hang themselves with. His hackneyed anti-City diatribes will have zero credibility left once this witchhunt is over.

Jordan isn't an accountant or lawyer & has based his entire anti-City ANALysis on "It's well known within football circles, blah, blah, blah". Fuckin bollocks! He's just making shit up, passing off his personal opinion as fact, & spreading spurious trash talk just to fill in his minutes on Talkshite.

We're giving the likes of Jerk Off Jordan enough rope to professionally hang themselves with. His hackneyed anti-City diatribes will have zero credibility left once this witchhunt is over.

Jordan isn't an accountant or lawyer & has based his entire anti-City ANALysis on "It's well known within football circles, blah, blah, blah". Fuckin bollocks! He's just making shit up, passing off his personal opinion as fact, & spreading spurious trash talk just to fill in his minutes on Talkshite.
I remember him once using the word “brouhaha” on Talkshite and I thought at the time “aye aye, you‘re one of these people who hear a word and like the sound of it, write it down and then look it up and see how you can use it in a conversation to make you sound clever”. The only time I’ve heard it, apart from him using it, was Carson on Downton…

Another great post from Super City From Maine Road. Text copied from Facebook.

NEWS:

Etihad Airways are preparing a stock market IPO (initial public offering) following a profitable performance in 2023.
This process would allow full disclosure of all financial accounts and transactions to potential investors.
This is very bad news for the Premier League, who have the Etihad sponsorship deal at City under scrutiny as part of their 115 charges.

If it came to light that Etihad executives were involved in manipulating the sponsorship deal with City, it could cause serious damage to the company’s reputation in the eyes of potential investors, if there are any skeletons in the closet, presenting the company accounts for IPO will uncover them.
Which begs the question… Why would Etihad Airways consider a move like this knowing it will have a negative impact on both Manchester City and themselves?
The answer is; they wouldn’t. Because they’ve done nothing wrong.
Etihad wouldn’t be willing to grant unfettered access into their financial affairs and corporate practices if it would uncover a smoking gun to prove fraud had been committed.

The Premier Leagues accusation is that City executives have colluded with officials from Etihad and have lied not only to the club’s independent auditors, but also to UEFA and The Premier League. By extension, that also calls into question what information was disclosed by City’s owners to Silverlake before the American private equity firm bought a significant stake in the club in 2019. That’s why the Premier League’s allegations go way beyond accusing City of failing to meet Profit and Sustainability Rules.
Throw in the mix the stake purchased by a Chinese consortium and that makes five separate entities that City would have had to bare face lie to the entire time… How likely you think it is that our world class investment magnates would go to such deceptive lengths is entirely up to you.
I know where my money would be, and it wouldn’t be backing them to be frauds.

CAS have already ruled that any suggestion of a conspiracy involving executives of both City and Etihad, as well as high-ranking Abu Dhabi officials and even members of the country’s Royal Family was beyond the realms of possibility.
This is really really not going well for the Premier League, and all the millions of rival fans who are not privy to this information (by choice) are going to be a sight to see. Stock up on popcorn blues, it’s going to be BIBLICAL.

I remember him once using the word “brouhaha” on Talkshite and I thought at the time “aye aye, you‘re one of these people who hear a word and like the sound of it, write it down and then look it up and see how you can use it in a conversation to make you sound clever”. The only time I’ve heard it, apart from him using it, was Carson on Downton…
Bwouhaha.....

CFG announced about 8 months ago:
—Their plans to redevelop a block in New York including the new stadium.
—Intention to raise about £800m in an IPO.
—A restructuring of the company with the establishment of an intermediate company. I think we are now a subsid of that new co. I don’t know whether the other clubs are.
CFG did not say what was to be sold in the IPO nor how the proceeds would be spent.
As usual the CFG website is miles behind so no joy there. It was discussed on BM at the time and Projectriver had some comments. Maybe a search will help you.

All the football investments were transferred into an intermediate holding at cost. I was thinking at the time there must be something substantial planned to do that. Football investments in one holding , some new entertainment ventures (Sony? Disney?) in another, maybe? Maybe the Arena as well?

Float the football investments to raise funds for the others?

Exciting times coming, I think. If you like the wider picture, at least.

Naah, there are other allegations besides Etihad, although I am pushed to think how any of the others could affect the true and fair view given by the accounts, which is the crux of the most serious allegations. Without that, we are just looking at non-disclosure and non-cooperation at worst, and then only for those allegations not time limited.

Mind you, I am still not convinced that Etihad affects the true and fair view given by the accounts either, even if the allegations are, in fact, proven to be true, which they won't be.

No, the process will continue to the end, even for Etihad, unless Masters wants to resign immediately.
You may be right from a legal perspective, but there are political dynamics at play here and things could unravel very quickly. None of us know what is actually going on behind the scenes we can only guess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.