Russian invasion of Ukraine

Has the veracity of this attack actually taking place been independently verified?
Not that I have seen, and I am not sure that is possible given the stage management from Russian authorities and restrictions on foreign press access to the site of the attack. All of the videos and photos I have seen distributed have been provided by Russian state-controlled media. And verifying the supposed first hand accounts some foreign media are receiving directly can also be quite tricky in this environment.

I will say some of the elements of the videos being circulated look a bit suspect, with certain things being inconsistent with what one would expect for this type of attack.

Then again, every event is different, horrific situations like these are inherently outliers, and some of the questionable aspects could be explained if you dug deep enough and assumed Murphy’s Law is in play.

Not that I have seen, and I am not sure that is possible given the stage management from Russian authorities and restrictions on foreign press access to the site of the attack. All of the videos and photos I have seen distributed have been provided by Russian state-controlled media. And verifying the supposed first hand accounts some foreign media are receiving directly can also be quite tricky in this environment.

I will say some of the elements of the videos being circulated look a bit suspect, with certain things being inconsistent with what one would expect for this type of attack.

Then again, every event is different, horrific situations like these are inherently outliers, and some of the questionable aspects could be explained if you dug deep enough and assumed Murphy’s Law is in play.
Everything that the Russian authorities have had a hand in should be rigorously questioned.

Everything that the Russian authorities have had a hand in should be rigorously questioned.

Agreed, but there is video evidence, including body cam footage to show that this is exactly what it purports to be, an attack by ISIS/ISKP. Russia is fighting ISIS in the Middle East, parts of Africa and internally. ISIS views Russia as much of an enemy as it does the US. Which is partly why the US shared intel with Russia.

Agreed, but there is video evidence, including body cam footage to show that this is exactly what it purports to be, an attack by ISIS/ISKP. Russia is fighting ISIS in the Middle East, parts of Africa and internally. ISIS views Russia as much of an enemy as it does the US. Which is partly why the US shared intel with Russia.
The line Abdul sent us some money and managed to get the guns and ammo was a red flag to me.

Odds on Poland demanding a no fly zone extending beyond Kyiv to protect their borders? I get the feeling Poland and others are looking for such a pretext to take some form of limited action.
The Poles are trying to avoid entering any conflict, we’ve been here before but some would welcome a pagger with Russia. Tusk will not act rashly. Putin is trying to poke the wasps nest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.