England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

I think his recent style has been a reflection of bad teams on a league format. Give him this side in a knockout tournament and we win.

He understands the English game and the press and pressure that comes with it. He can man manage and motivate better than Southgate. You think they actually listen to waistcoat? He’ll get walked over everyday by players if he goes into club management.
SSShhhh!! Loose lips!!!

This is was what Ben White said back in Qatar, it makes sense now.

He also said he doesn't know who Patrick Vieira is. To him, football is just a 9-5 like a boring office job.
I totally see the sunbathing thing with him. He looks he's the bastard son of Judith Chalmers and convicted mail order fraudster rag fan David Dickinson.

If he doesn't want to play for the waistcoated bedwetter then so be it.

Think odds are lengthening on Waistcoat to the Swamp after that. Which is a shame.

I told a young United fan this week - possibly to make him feel better - that I didn’t think Southgate was Premier League standard full-stop. Not in the traditional guy-in-the-dugout, postmatch interview way. For all his tactical ineptitude and almost total absence of personal charisma, neither of which have disbarred others from getting top jobs, what I can’t see in this bloke is him getting in the ear of the 4th official, or going in 2-footed on the referee in his post-match presser, or giving one of his players a touchline bollocking for not following instructions. That’s refreshing for the FA, and for people who wish things were a bit more like they used to be, but it’s also why international football is in terms of basic standards a massively inferior game.

You’d be asking a lap-dog to be a guard-dog. Aw-ooooo!

Even when the team went deep in tournaments it was in spite of not because of Southgate. There was no real style of play, it was turgid football. Most of the goals came from set-pieces and penalties. He obviously should have gone after the WC and I think he knows it.

What he did was look at tournament football with his analysts and conclude that the most successful teams used this strategy. He came out and said as much in an interview. It reminds me of when Charlie Hughes come up with the idea that the long ball was the way forward. This was based on the idea that there was no use passing it around as most goals came in the penalty area so get it in there as quickly as possible. It proved a total disaster and set England back years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.