Arsenal (H) - Sun 31st Mar, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to play long ball to Haaland?
I’m talking about mixing the game up FFS. We can hit Haaland now and again and have runners off him to pick up the 2nd ball.
The personnel playing if Akanji and Stones are missing are going to limit our effectiveness playing out from the back and cutting through the lines. I can see Ortega trying to play over the press now and again even though it’s not our normal game .

"Arsenal collapsing days are getting old" On exactly what evidence are you going off by making that statement?

Going by you're theory of "beating Brentford by 1 goal" ect that's a schoolboy statement to make, We actually got beaten twice by Brentford last season but we absolutely took you lot to the cleaners twice on top of winning 5 trophies in one season...Arsenal also scrapped past Brentford but battered West Ham, Does that mean Brentford are better than West Ham? As I said that's a schoolboy statement.

Arsenal haven't won a title in 20 years! They've "bottled" the run in last season on top of "folding like a deck chair" at The Etihad 11 months ago...

They've "luckily" got past a piss poor FC Porto team in the Champions League on penalties.

There's absolutely no evidence to suggest that Arsenal won't fold "as usual", They've been in two title races in 20 years and all of a sudden think they think they are in with the big boys...Win a Premier League Title and you'll be taken seriously like you were 20 plus years ago.

The strange thing about football fans is our perception of our side compared to previous seasons. Arsenal fans definitely regard this side as better than last season's. Yes they fell off a cliff last season but I do feel that was a lot to do with Saliba's injury, although mentality also made a difference. They see Rice as answering their problems and being the best signing of any club last summer. I think because they've not lost home and away to City and Liverpool they feel they're a stronger team. But after 28 games last season they had 69pts and now have 64pts. So they've actually gone backwards.

Similarly, I'd say most of us didn't see the treble coming last season but there was a general confidence we could catch Arsenal and win the league. Not as easy as we ended up making it, but we had the belief we would. Compare to this campaign and I think most of us are more 50/50 and generally disappointed with the level of performances and the number of games we should have won but didn't. Last season 64pts...this season 63pts.

Ultimately I don't think Arsenal are much more of a challenge than they were. Whether we win the game is about us not them. If we can finally put a performance in for 90 minutes and play to the best of our ability then we win. It's crunch time and I'm certain we'll get the likes of Rodri and Dias chairing some big bollocks chat about how we need to step it up now and switch into ruthless winning mode.

That's why I see this as a must win for City. If we don't win the game then I'm not sure that switch is going to get flicked this season.

And I bet you loved that(like I would the other way around) You've not been a bad poster up to now Bridgey, however the acid test will be after Sundays match. Bit of advice. If you do win(and please stop saying we're favourites and you'll kill for a point etc) I'd stay away for a few days. Blues will be raw and you coming on saying unlucky, you deserved more etc will only rub people up the wrong way. I think your team has come on a lot from last season and it'll be one hell of a battle.
Yeah fair points, I do genuinely suspect I'll be fine to come on and Blues fans will be saying how well Arsenal played in a narrow defeat for the Gunners but let's see!

Yeah fair points, I do genuinely suspect I'll be fine to come on and Blues fans will be saying how well Arsenal played in a narrow defeat for the Gunners but let's see!

You've been on here for a while now so should know you're not going to get credit for playing well regardless of what happens! If we win there will not be a thought about Arsenal. If we draw it will be about how poor we were and if we lose then you're fucked and better off waiting until you follow the result up with a loss at home to Luton ;)

Southgate will be expecting John to play a lot of games during June/July and his priority is England not City. I am sure he does not set out intentionally to get him injured but he is not really concerned about our interests but concentrates on his own. It is far from ideal from our perspective but understandable from an England perspective.
A factor which is often forgotten is the likelyhood than John Stones may himself currently view a major trophy at international level to be on par with anything achieved at club level and may wish to add to his cv this upcoming summer.
I assume he will miss at least the next few games and the first leg against Madrid which could deal a huge blow to our season. On Sunday I think his absence will be felt against an Arsenal team which for a lot of the season have been better than us. I personally am banking on the home support together with some magic from Kev, Phil and the Viking to drag us over the line in what I anticipate will be a close contest.
I hope Southgate’s ball drops off.

I say ball as his managements styles shows he certainly doesn’t have two of them, the waistcoat wearing twunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.