Anyone here go to Spurs 3-4 City in the FA Cup?

I was there but I can’t remember us having 2 tiers? I do remember the spurs fans looking for it afterwards, funny as fuck
I ordered tickets for the upper tier as it was the same price and had never got upper as it was normally expensive.

The club sent me lower tier.

I recall this game very well as my youngest lad Harvey-James was very poorly at the time in a London hospital with meningitis, He had been on the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit for two weeks fighting for his life, I had literally stood beside his bed for the whole duration, A friend had some tickets for the game a suggested I went as a break, although I felt guilty for going I needed a change even for just a couple of hours, I left at half time as yet again I knew I couldn’t rely on City and they duly didn’t let me down – But by the time I’d reached the young fella’s bedside we had secured a famous win and the blues had managed to make me smile for the first time in weeks – I truly believed at the time the result was sent from above and an even better result was the young fella battled back to full fitness and led the team out aged 8 in March 2011 as mascot.
Mega stuff. Reminds me of that story from a City writer who died recently (forget his name, annoyingly) who said he left Wembley at 2-0 Gillingham and by the time he'd reached the pub it was 2-2 and heading for penalties. He said if him leaving Wembley meant that the universe titled in City's favour he'd happily do it ten times over.

It was all a bit surreal. From finding out by word of mouth that Barton had got himself sent off in the tunnel, to gradually taking over and winning the game. The comments about Spurs fans looking for trouble afterwards are spot on, it was well dodgy outside. Personally if City had chucked a 3 goal lead at home against 10 men, I’d have been at home under the bed, not prowling around outside looking for trouble. But that is Spurs for you I guess.

It was all a bit surreal. From finding out by word of mouth that Barton had got himself sent off in the tunnel, to gradually taking over and winning the game. The comments about Spurs fans looking for trouble afterwards are spot on, it was well dodgy outside. Personally if City had chucked a 3 goal lead at home against 10 men, I’d have been at home under the bed, not prowling around outside looking for trouble. But that is Spurs for you I guess.
We were coming out and just before we did the coppers shut the gates and kept us in for a bit as it was going off outside. Glad I’m not an early leaver!

I ordered tickets for the upper tier as it was the same price and had never got upper as it was normally expensive.

The club sent me lower tier.
Was honestly oblivious to that. I recall there being about 1000 in the lower tier

Was there but got in the ground after kick off due to traffic. Heard on the radio before getting in that Anelka had gone off and Spuds had scored. We walked in just as they scored again and thought it was 2-0 but it was actually the third goal. Half time and news filtered through that Barton had been sent off and then everyone singing "we're gonna win the cup". Hilarious.
As we kept pulling goals back everyone expected them to score again and put us out of our misery and Macken's winning goal seemed to go in in slow motion.
Very tasty outside the ground after the match though.

Was honestly oblivious to that. I recall there being about 1000 in the lower tier
I thought we only had lower tier, that is what I ordered upper and was sent lower. You can't see the upper, so no idea if they sold a small amount there, I couldn't hear anything above.

It was £20 then and considered cheap, the LC game was £27 on the lower tier a few months earlier.

I am the only one who saw no trouble after, walked down to the Plough to watch MotD.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.