1st April 1990

I remember that day better than most City fans as me and my brother got arrested during the game stood at the back of the City end behind the goal. WMP stood en masse right behind us and when my brother flicked the V's at Villa was duly carted away, accompanied immediately after by me "for resisting arrest and being drunk and disorderly". Incidentally I hadn't had a drink as I had driven us both down there! We spent the rest of the game and evening in the crowded cells full of City and Villa fans.

Spent thousands on solicitors and barrister fee's and eventually got a caution at our day in Court a little while later. We had to spend the money as we had already booked and paid for an expensive week watching England in Sardinia at the 1990 World Cup a couple of months after and you couldn't travel then if you had any footballing offence.

Exactly 30 years pass (29 years 11 months to be precise) without either of us getting arrested again at a City match, until 1st March 2020 when this time I got arrested again (wrongly again! for "resisting arrest and being drunk and disorderly" again!) in Wembley at the Carabao Cup final against Villa (again!) and City won 2.1 (again!) and I missed the second half (again!). No criminal charges were brought against me at court (correctly again.....thankfully!) after another bout of expensive solicitors fee's (again!).

The things that happen to you when you watch City eh?! All memories now but I'm always cautious when we play Villa!
You sound like a right troublemaker !!

One of my favourite away games, we had a huge following in spite of not having won away from home in God knows how long, I remember the train on the way down being absolutely bouncing

Can still see Reidy now in my minds eye arriving in the box almost in slow motion to slot that winner home. Cue bedlam on the terraces behind the goal. What a moment.

Not a bad team we had under Howard Kendall watched a lot of away games that season down sarf

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.