The No.10 Double Pivot

SamTheGuru

Team supported
MCFC OK
So it is obviously the ongoing debate of the week re: Phil/KDB. My favourite incarnation of Pep's yearly adaptation of how we play was the double forward pivot we had with Dave and KDB. I can't recall us doing this yet with Phil and KDB? Do you think it is about to come? I can't recall us testing it yet at all which is surprising, at face value they both compliment/compensate for each other. We are now at the must win every game part of the season and it is such an awesome dilemma to have, particularly with Phil being homegrown. What are people's thoughts?

The rags are showing exactly how not to implement it with the wandering rat and the generational talent all out at sea.

tu3xhUI.gif

It is playing 2 x No 8s and in front of a six and not a double pivot.

I think Foden played with Silva as 2 x no 8s in the 2021 CL final, which was a surprise and didn't work too well.

It is playing 2 x No 8s and in front of a six and not a double pivot.

I think Foden played with Silva as 2 x no 8s in the 2021 CL final, which was a surprise and didn't work too well.
Probably because we didn't have a DM on the pitch

Something like:

-------------------Ederson--------------------
Walker-----Stones------Dias--------Ake
---------------------Rodri-----------------
-----------KDB---------------Foden-------
Bernardo---------Haaland-------Grealish

Could work but leaves Rodri a bit isolated on transistion. Maybe if Stones steps in to midfield in a 3-2-2-3?

Something like:

-------------------Ederson--------------------
Walker-----Stones------Dias--------Ake
---------------------Rodri-----------------
-----------KDB---------------Foden-------
Bernardo---------Haaland-------Grealish

Could work but leaves Rodri a bit isolated on transistion. Maybe if Stones steps in to midfield in a 3-2-2-3?
That is exactly what I had in my head. Stones would be the key and need to move in with Rodri when we have possession.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.