City announce trial bus scheme for home games

It was me - but I might have been a few minutes out. the Guard seems to have a click counter and he checks both decks, presumably to see if the same number are on the return leg as were on the trip in. Just my opinion
We only do returns (if the trains are running into MCR) so I’m not sure the clicker can tell them much. Definitely a more relaxed option for getting back to Macc than rushed overcrowded tram and train

We only do returns (if the trains are running into MCR) so I’m not sure the clicker can tell them much. Definitely a more relaxed option for getting back to Macc than rushed overcrowded tram and train
This is a trial scheme,

They will be recording passenger numbers on each bus and each trip for the review.

The Low use buses may be axed or changes made to routes if sections of the journey have low passenger numbers.

Do these buses generally go 15-20 minutes after the full time whistle?
Takes me that long to get out of the stadium from SS3
Meant to be 25mins after. I've only used the 13 towards Oldham once, v Villa last week. It left Briscoe Lane just less than 20 mins after FT - I left at 80mins (sorry Pep) as I didnt want to risk missing it, as I was up for work at 6am. I've fed back that they should leave around 45mins after FT (and bloody stick to it!) to give chance for fans to stay and acknowledge the team, and fans whose bus might leave from the opposite side from which they sit. I don't think 20mins later departure would mean +20mins on the overall journey as some of the traffic would dissipate en route.

Meant to be 25mins after. I've only used the 13 towards Oldham once, v Villa last week. It left Briscoe Lane just less than 20 mins after FT - I left at 80mins (sorry Pep) as I didnt want to risk missing it, as I was up for work at 6am. I've fed back that they should leave around 45mins after FT (and bloody stick to it!) to give chance for fans to stay and acknowledge the team, and fans whose bus might leave from the opposite side from which they sit. I don't think 20mins later departure would mean +20mins on the overall journey as some of the traffic would dissipate en route.
Yep the 25mins is too short a time and quite a few I have spoken to agree. Personally I still don’t understand some of the routes. The Radcliffe (now Bury) one would be better as a £2 shuttle service to Queens Road tram stop, running for a couple of hours after the game, but perhaps that is something they’ll look at when everything is up and running and there’s more to stay behind for.

45 minutes!! You must be joking - did you mean 25? Our bus is full at the 25 minute deadline.

45 minutes!! You must be joking - did you mean 25? Our bus is full at the 25 minute deadline.
Agree. I would not use it if it sat around for 45minutes, but this is always going to be the problem as different people have different criteria. We leave at final whistle, stroll back to Connell college and typically wait 5-10mins before it sets off. But we’re ESL1, probs the shortest walk.

Reactions: cpa
It needs to be 30 mins for the 13 bus if you are coming from the SSL3 it’s a push to get there without walking very fast and fucking off at the whistle from the bottom of the tier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.