The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yeah, but you people will still go on about being the Invincibles…

;-)

Arsenal fan I was fairly friendly with said the last ten games or so were nothing but torture. To be fair, it was a hell of an achievement, even with all the draws. I really don't see who will do it again.
Incidentally, you can thank us for keeping that record intact in 2018-19. Believe it, they would have gone on and on and on about it…

I've never really rated it as an achievement. I can appreciate it's incredibly difficult as only Preston had done it previously and in 18 games (plus winning the FA Cup). But they were literally playing for it in the end, drawing 5 of their final 9. The dippers could have broken 100pts and gone unbeaten so thank fuck we stopped them! Should have got a little gold cup for that to be honest.

I think getting 90pts having drawn 12 games and finishing 11pts ahead of 2nd place Chelsea who lost 7 games that season shows it wasn't that special.

But I'm sure I'd argue otherwise if we did it!

The only way I'd be optimistic from being top or from chasing is if you gave me City's team, City's manager and City's mentality...

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.