Stockport County

Sorry, cant forgive their scrote club and fans for how they treated us when we were shit....announced one of our results at the ground referring to us as Donkeys.

I was in corporate for the City 3-1 defeat and could see Megson (out of view of the City fans} goading on the County fans when they were singing about how shit we are during that defeat.

Fuck em.
Quite

Stockport County back in League One after a comfortable 2-0 win today. First time they've been in the third tier since 2009. 15 years ago. Promoted alongside Wrexham. Two clubs who spent years in the non-leagues that have come back to life after being given proper money and proper resources. Wish them both well, especially Stockport. Grew up in the shadow of Edgeley Park, been to dozens of games down the years, a huge crowd of 10,000 today - even in the National League North they were getting 5,000 and 6,000, way more than anyone else down there.

Edgeley Park could be welcoming the likes of Birmingham, Sheffield Wednesday, and QPR next season. Edgeley has seriously suffered without County getting big away games in all those years they've spent in the doldrums, but Stockport's on the rise again and the town is properly buzzing. The worldwide success of Blossoms, the association with our very own 'Stockport Iniesta', County on the up, more and more people coming to the town to live and work, huge redevelopments in the pipeline. Has never felt better to be a part of this town.

Born here in 1994. Lived here til 2012. Being a kid in Stockport, you had two choices for entertainment: go and sit on Stockport Gardens or go round your mate's house. There was fuck all else. Moved back in 2018. And now look at the place. Edgeley will be booming tonight and there's gonna be a lot of sore heads in the SK3 postcode come Sunday morning. This is only the beginning as well. For the first time in my 30 years on this planet Stockport's an exciting place to be and long may its good fortunes continue to be tied to County's.

Yes, my take on this whole business is as much to do with the town, and how County's going up will be good for it, as with the club itself. I've got a sort of sneaking affection for Stockport from all those years back. It was a gritty, grotty town, yet it had somehow survived the industrial revolution (and its decline), and was sort of making a desperate attempt to be part of the ‘swinging sixties’!
There was a shop called Seven Miles Out which I used to frequent as the apprentice hippy that I was. Joss sticks! Patchouli! Girls in long flowing dresses with headbands!! Woodstock comes to the grim industrial north!!! As a lad who'd been serving a prison sentence for ten years (boarding school), this was magic.
As I've said, I saw one or two gigs at the College of Technology. I think I saw a group called the Purple Gang there, singing “Granny Takes a Trip”. I've got a hazy memory of it, anyway. Also saw a group called Stack Waddy, whose one foray into recording was the memorably named LP, Bugger Off!
And County was part of all that. It was handy to have a local club, if only to remind me of what astounding football I was seeing at Maine Rd.
Kev was recently asked to comment on his team mates' haircuts (he can talk!). Asked about Phil, he said, with an ironic smile, “Well, it's simply a Stockport haircut. If you go to Stockport, that's the haircut you see.”
Made me laugh.

Yes, my take on this whole business is as much to do with the town, and how County's going up will be good for it, as with the club itself. I've got a sort of sneaking affection for Stockport from all those years back. It was a gritty, grotty town, yet it had somehow survived the industrial revolution (and its decline), and was sort of making a desperate attempt to be part of the ‘swinging sixties’!
There was a shop called Seven Miles Out which I used to frequent as the apprentice hippy that I was. Joss sticks! Patchouli! Girls in long flowing dresses with headbands!! Woodstock comes to the grim industrial north!!! As a lad who'd been serving a prison sentence for ten years (boarding school), this was magic.
As I've said, I saw one or two gigs at the College of Technology. I think I saw a group called the Purple Gang there, singing “Granny Takes a Trip”. I've got a hazy memory of it, anyway. Also saw a group called Stack Waddy, whose one foray into recording was the memorably named LP, Bugger Off!
And County was part of all that. It was handy to have a local club, if only to remind me of what astounding football I was seeing at Maine Rd.
Kev was recently asked to comment on his team mates' haircuts (he can talk!). Asked about Phil, he said, with an ironic smile, “Well, it's simply a Stockport haircut. If you go to Stockport, that's the haircut you see.”
Made me laugh.

Purple Gang are still going, sort of anyway.

Glad to see County do well, my best man is a big county fan. He's always respected City and therefore I have always respected county. Also helps that we both fucking hate United!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.