Real Bedford FC

idahoblues

I see another small non league team has had a huge investment from a couple of Billionaires, makes you wonder what they see there

The billionaires are the Winklevoss twins. They first made decent money suing Zukerberg if i recall correctly but then majority from Crypto exchange Gemini. Reason for Bedford is it is owned by Peter Mccormack who is also crypto rich and from the area hence him originally buying the club. He was looking for investment, knew them and so here we are. Be interesting how it pans out as they will make it a v BTC oriented club

Peter McCormack was on the Price of Football Podcast last year. He's a big Bitcoin advocat (doesn't bother with any other Crypto)

He had a plan to get them higher up the pyramid, I believe they won the league this year?

Be interesting how it pans out, despite getting US investors etc he was big on promoting local business at games too from what I remember.

Stupid joke name for an English club though.
Another thing McCormack no doubt had to explain at length to the Winklevoss twins.

“You see, “real” in Spanish means “royal”.

“Ok, but isn’t it an English club? Why not call it Royal Bedford?”

“No, no, let’s start again.”

The Winklevoss twins?

jimmy-fallon-ew.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.