FA Cup Semi Final | Coventry City v United

Im not worried bout facing them theyre shite im just angry at the continued cheating and that its ignored all the time, im fuming for coventry i said before the game that coventry could have the game of their lives today and the refs would still make sure the rags won and sadly i was right, the red tops, the fa and pgmol have no shame and it will all be ignored by a complicit media, the game is a farce

The worst thing is that the Cov player was level with the naked eye. The VAR equipment is not precise enough to measure the exact moment when the ball leaves the foot for the pass. This margin of error means that calling someone offside by a few centimetres can never be 100 per cent correct. VAR is good for overturning very poor decisions where someone has been obviously wrongly flagged. It is not fit for purpose for very tight calls.
Quite right. Thing to remember is what the offside law was introduced for.
It was brought in to prevent what we used to call ‘goal hanging‘. It was not introduced to try see if a bloke with size 11 feet is marginally closer to the goal that the bloke with size 6’s!
Have never understood why they don’t just say, if ANY part of an attacker is onside, it’s onside. It’d clear all this nonsense up once and for all and would help the assistant referees no end.
Finally, to people who say ‘they’re the rules’, so is the rule saying the keeper should be behind the line until the kick is taken, which was undoubtedly ignored in that shoot out.

Please tell me that isn't a genuine screenshot from the actual VAR footage?

I'm assuming it's got to be a photoshopped piss take.
That is an actual photo (though slightly distorted by someone taking a photo of their TV) of the VAR decision line.

As I said in the VAR thread, he was at most an inch offside via that assessment, if they actually selected the correct frame for reference. Even that is probably in the margin of error for the system.

That is not in line with the spirit of the offside rule or really what any reasonable football fan wants to see, even if it sometimes benefits their own club.

Those decisions are why people see VAR as detracting from the enjoyment of watching football.

If the replay was shown from the other side the Coventry player would have been onside
I keep saying it, the angles and line of vision can fool you in an image, VAR is bent and it allows the red cunts a 2nd bite of the cherry,

Am Sad for Coventry but Glad for Manchester City, We now face an easier final

They are shit but PiGMOL have looked after them.

If it's Twatwell as Ref and Tierney on VAR were being fucked over.
Sure look at last years final. Casimero should have got a straight red yet the ref gave them a free kick!..then the Grealish penalty. There were other things but can’t be arsed with the favouritism they get anymore. It’s a joke.

Sure look at last years final. Casimero should have got a straight red yet the ref gave them a free kick!..then the Grealish penalty. There were other things but can’t be arsed with the favouritism they get anymore. It’s a joke.
Peanut allergy looking ****(TM)

Fucking love that quote!

Martinez got a second yellow in penalty shoot out and misses next European game...isn't it the same rules for the F.A.Cup???
I honestly don't know but it should be
It’s an absolute wank rule. If a keeper has a yellow in the game it should be relevant for the pens or it gives the keeper a free hit to cheat in the pens

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.