Platinum & becoming 26

RACHACE

http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=409471
What are blues opinion on the amount of points at which it becomes pointless paying extra for a platinum season ticket.

I've given up jumping through the hoops in an attempt to keep up with having enough (loyalty) points to get tickets for away games. I have 21,200.

More and more are ending up in the hands of fans that have a lot less points than I have, whether that be via corporate, working, or knowing someone who works for City or being part of a group of supporters that use multiple season cards to obtain tickets regardless of whether the season card holder is going to the game or not. So, you're flogging a dead horse trying to keep up, or worse, catch up in my opinion.

Have I made a mistake? Is platinum still viable on 21,200 points?

Also, anyone turned 26 recently and are now no longer entitled to the 18-25 ticket scheme? How has that impacted on chances of getting tickets? Especially considering there are no longer points awarded for away games so most who are 26 are likely still going to be relatively low points but are maybe used to getting tickets for away games via the 18-25 scheme.

What are blues opinion on the amount of points at which it becomes pointless paying extra for a platinum season ticket.

I've given up jumping through the hoops in an attempt to keep up with having enough (loyalty) points to get tickets for away games. I have 21,200.

More and more are ending up in the hands of fans that have a lot less points than I have, whether that be via corporate, working, or knowing someone who works for City or being part of a group of supporters that use multiple season cards to obtain tickets regardless of whether the season card holder is going to the game or not. So, you're flogging a dead horse trying to keep up, or worse, catch up in my opinion.

Have I made a mistake? Is platinum still viable on 21,200 points?

Also, anyone turned 26 recently and are now no longer entitled to the 18-25 ticket scheme? How has that impacted on chances of getting tickets? Especially considering there are no longer points awarded for away games so most who are 26 are likely still going to be relatively low points but are maybe used to getting tickets for away games via the 18-25 scheme.
I gave up years ago on platinum, the only thing it stopped me getting was a ticket for the CL final in Porto (though I git one through uefa eventually), for me now unless you are within 5000 points of the top it’s pointless, you will never catch them up.

I gave up years ago on platinum, the only thing it stopped me getting was a ticket for the CL final in Porto (though I git one through uefa eventually), for me now unless you are within 5000 points of the top it’s pointless, you will never catch them up.
How many points did you have when you decided to give up on platinum mate? It only stopped you getting a ticket for the Champions League final in Porto so I'm assuming that your well connected when it comes to obtaining tickets for away games? Fair play.

How many points did you have when you decided to give up on platinum mate? It only stopped you getting a ticket for the Champions League final in Porto so I'm assuming that your well connected when it comes to obtaining tickets for away games? Fair play.
I was on about 11000 at the time the highest bracket was 21/22000, I had zero chance of ever getting there, I missed out in Porto by 500 pints and 5 mins! You can always get tickets for aways, I don’t do that many if I’m honest, the cost these days just to get there etc is getting silly, United and Liverpool are impossible to get, the rest there are always tickets available you just have to know where to look.

I was on about 11000 at the time the highest bracket was 21/22000, I had zero chance of ever getting there, I missed out in Porto by 500 pints and 5 mins! You can always get tickets for aways, I don’t do that many if I’m honest, the cost these days just to get there etc is getting silly, United and Liverpool are impossible to get, the rest there are always tickets available you just have to know where to look.
That's a lot of pints to be fair

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.