Jeremie Frimpong

A 4th option at RB not top of your list?
Walker will be used as a CB when fit most of the time, a back 3, Stones gets injured looking at the RB spot, Lewis has been poor all season, and is far worse than Frimpong at RB, leaving Akanji, probably our best CB, Frimpong will not be too far off all of those goals and assists put together.

He would send out a message to all our present and past Academy players, that we are still watching and the door is never shut.
Something that would be good to see. Pep likes a smaller squad but with certain aging and more injury player (KDB/Stones) it would be good to get some club trained players so it helps with the uefa quota.

There are a lot of similarities, neither is a particularly good defender, both left the first time not making the grade, both shone in Germany, but Frimpong has pace where Angelino was ordinary, we also bought him back to sell him. I am not pushing Walker out but Frimpong is a far better passer, crosser and scores, he will help in the phasing out of Walker.
It could turn out Frimpong is more suited for Bayer Leverkusen's system than ours. Again it is still worth having closer look but it is with a lot more caution is involved now the rags are apparently interested

Savio will not make the grade in the PL, a good player he has the same failings our present AM have Doku apart, he also is not as good as Frimpong at tackling or tracking back. Savio will come on preseason and if he has got any sense stay at Girona before moving to a big Spanish side.
Genuinely don't know how you can come out and make statements like that after the season he's had.

It could turn out Frimpong is more suited for Bayer Leverkusen's system than ours. Again it is still worth having closer look but it is with a lot more caution is involved now the rags are apparently interested
Alonso has done wonders playing in a similar style to City, but the big breakthrough came with Diaby`s move to Villa, Frimpong is a better footballer, so Diaby`s move gave him more freedom to get forward and grow as a player.

Alonso has done wonders playing in a similar style to City, but the big breakthrough came with Diaby`s move to Villa, Frimpong is a better footballer, so Diaby`s move gave him more freedom to get forward and grow as a player.
Alonso has his own playing style and it might different to what Pep is currently going with and it would still take some time to fully adapt. Besides that Frimpong is more of a full/wingback than Diaby.

Genuinely don't know how you can come out and make statements like that after the season he's had.
Some players suit certain leagues, if your going to pin your hopes on a young City player pin it on Echeverri, now this lad has the ability to be very special, i do believe City would be foolish to send him on loan.

We have so much possession he’ll essentially be playing as a winger anyway. Between RB, wingback and RW he should get quite a few games. Plus, with his raw pace, he’ll really help us against quick breaks. For £35mil it’s a steal.

I'd be all for this if we started playing a back 5.

I actually would like to see Doku, Savio and Frimpong as wingback options next season, considering they would spend most of the time holding the width anyways like our wingers typically do. But they would be a genuine threat with their pace rather than Grealish or Bernardo (who have their own strengths I know).

But unless Pep changes adopts it, or seriously likes tilting the fullback more (in a back 4) than sending a CB into midfield, I'm not sure it will happen.

Personally, I'd love to see a 541 defensive setup, doesn't require players to have a complicated tool set, CBs are by default in the back 3 (we don't need 4 CB to start), we have a midfield 2, 2 false wingers as well. It massively suits the team imo (even with the eventualy Bernie leaving).

With Foden, Grealish, Kevin, Bobb and even Nunes to play as the false wingers.

With Rodri, Kovacic, Paqueta, and Lewis as our midfield options.

*Lewis no longer HAS to invert from fullback, has a clear role in midfield control*

Both formations attack in a 325, but the only difference is defending in this 541, compared to our 442, which has been easily bypassed this season, the 2 strikers up top haven't been all that useful in stopping that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.