Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Covid/brexit caused huge delays in getting the steel & parts required couple that with the workers lost who left after brexit and it's easy to see how it fell behind.

Big question now is can they get it done for next Monday. They can be excused one setback but misjudging it again and having to push back again and everyone starts to lose faith in those making the decisions and the venue in general
FFS Brexit was in 2020 they didn't break ground until 2021

It's quite interesting that you keep referring to "A life safety system" , a venue like this will have numerous life safety systems, fire alarm, sprinklers,emergency lighting etc etc etc. All of which will be backed up by secondary power supplies.
From what I have heard from guys on site and reading between the lines of various reports in the public domain, the installation of these are not complete, which itself is crackers, but then it needs to be taken into account the commissioning of these systems, which is not a two minute job.
Tottenhams ground was an example of how quickly a job can go to shit, they were offering mega bucks for lads and got lads from all over the country, problem is its alright having all the "labour" but if most of them are shite at what they do and have no materials or plant to actually do the job then your fucked, which is why Tottenham took so long to get finished, I'm hearing similar for the arena.
The fact they are employing Fire Marshalls gives away where the delays are, I think I first posted back in September about this.

From the outside its easy to think it's the fire alarm so the fire alarm subby is at fault, more often than not it's far more complicated than that as they will have dependencies that need meeting - which they haven't on Co-Op.

You are right about commissioning this can be 20%+ of the contract period for this type of subby.

The good news is that the delay to the full opening for the arena doesn't affect Manchester City in any way whatsoever. There will be an indirect short term hit to CFG but that's all.

It will be very annoying and frustrating for people that have bought tickets for gigs that might not happen or have reduced attendance if they do but there is no impact on our title bid.

The good news is that the delay to the full opening for the arena doesn't affect Manchester City in any way whatsoever. There will be an indirect short term hit to CFG but that's all.

It will be very annoying and frustrating for people that have bought tickets for gigs that might not happen or have reduced attendance if they do but there is no impact on our title bid.
Agreed, fuck em

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.