The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry if this has been said I suspect that after the forest var debacle they will now give them everything as compensation
Including the game against us.

Also spurs will get bummed until they play us and up their game as usual.

Handy for arsenal that they play before us on Sunday ( taking into account we beat Brighton) if we were first on Sunday and won I reckon the pressure would have cranked up ten fold ..

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Liverpool are out of it at all, I think people suggesting as much must have short memories. Far weirder things have happened. Especially when you look at the fixtures.

Arsenal's are tough - away at United, away at Spurs, tricky game with Everton on the final day who are awkward
Ours aren't easy either - away at Spurs, away at Brighton, away at Fulham - and crucially we have more to play

If you ask me, there's almost no way that more points aren't dropped. Nobody has shown the kind of machine-like consistency we've had in previous years. I wouldn't be surprised if we all drop more points, in fact I'm tempted to say it's odds on.
Liverpool's fixtures from here on are the easiest with Villa away looking like the best candidate for dropped points.

We need 13 pts + GD out of 18 to ensure Liverpool don't win it. Hardly a guarantee. Arsenal could bottle it even harder.

Yes, I would say we're now quite clear favourites, but we desperately need a couple of convincing wins v Brighton and Forest. If we come through those unscathed then it'll likely feel much more comfortable.

Handy for arsenal that they play before us on Sunday ( taking into account we beat Brighton) if we were first on Sunday and won I reckon the pressure would have cranked up ten fold ..
How about the pressure of knowing you've got to go your closest rivals and win, knowing that the team you're fighting against for the title are going to slap Forest a couple of hours after your game?

Good thing is that we don’t have UCL games so every EPL game are like finals and we are playing matches weekly, same as the other mid table teams. It is not as difficult as playing big matches in UCL every mid week.

According to you, I expect so.
no exactly the opposite...i dont think we are....thats why I dont think the scousers are out of it...as I said mathematically.....Looking at how they are playing however they look in big trouble.....which is what i said in my initial post.

I also think we may struggle to keep up the pace....but we will be able to tell more after tomorrow as we looked completely fucked in the SL vs chelsea.

If they win at spurs they’ll swat the other 3 teams it’s up to us to not drop any points..
I'm not sure mate, I think United have shown they like to spoil the party. They have enough players to give them a tough game. They've done it to Liverpool twice recently - it's as if they prefer the big games to 'small' ones.

Everton will be up for spoiling the party too - Dyche is plenty capable of playing 2 keepers and 9 defenders.

And of course, that depends on them beating Spurs who can be very hot and cold. Also, Bournemouth have one of the most in-form strikers (Solanke) who will be up for a move this summer I bet and teams like Arsenal must be looking at him!

Do what I've done, get some more Bollinger ordered - you won't regret it! :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.