Third party ticket sites and City

I had 2 lads stood sat next to me at madrid away that were spanish speakers, aswell as 5 german lads in the row below. Not a chance in hell they were ST holders or even city members, yet somehow they all had tickets for the match.
Exactly, and stood together. The people who are defending the club and saying it is individuals selling their seats are deluded. That would take all the people around each other to be in it together.

And we all know why you and other genuine City fans couldn't get a ticket for that match. One of the all time low ticket selling scams by the club.
Yeh, I was pretty sad about that.

I go to about 12-15 games a season including all home cup games. It felt like a kick in the teeth

Reactions: jrb
There’s zero evidence to suggest that any of the 18-25 allocation is ending up on resale sites. And plenty of evidence to suggest they’re not, by seeing them at the games.

If some kids have found a way of getting on the ticket page early and bagging the tickets, then it probably isn’t fair on those that haven’t.

But it’s a completely different topic than the one under discussion on this thread.
I’m not sure the source of all the resale tickets has been established 100%, reading the thread there are different theories and not a lot of hard evidence, there could be several so don’t think it’s unreasonable to suggest that some of the 18-25 tickets could be part of that? It’s not getting on the website early, it’s using software which completes the process much quicker than a person could, most companies try and put things in place to prevent it because it’s unfair and designed to be used by people who then sell on at a higher price, commonly used by ticket agencies with concerts etc.

is it not a breach of health and safety having away fans in the home section, this is the reason we have segregation in football in the first place, now if these tickets end up in the wrong hands i'd say city are breaking the law
It should be against the law to have a fucking influencer in our ground

I’m not sure the source of all the resale tickets has been established 100%, reading the thread there are different theories and not a lot of hard evidence, there could be several so don’t think it’s unreasonable to suggest that some of the 18-25 tickets could be part of that? It’s not getting on the website early, it’s using software which completes the process much quicker than a person could, most companies try and put things in place to prevent it because it’s unfair and designed to be used by people who then sell on at a higher price, commonly used by ticket agencies with concerts etc.
No evidence ??? If Livetickets were selling tickets in the volume they do which some on here think they have bought illegally from supporters - they would be shut down tomorrow morning.

The money laundering charges alone would relate to multi millions over the number of years they have operated and the volume they sell.

I think this is becoming quite a big issue. Its resulting in long standing fans unable to get tickets for some of our biggest games - Madrid at home for example.

The club are clearly involved as there are rows of seats ending up on these ticket sites at ridiculous prices. We need some transparency from the club and them to show us how tickets are being distributed.

If we have a down turn after pep leaves I fear we might be fckd, as all the glory hunters who buy these tickets will more than likely stop coming, whilst the legacy fans will feel alienated. There’s no long term thinking at all.

It’s happening at a lot of clubs and we as fans have to come together to stop it. Otherwise we will end up with united, Chelsea fans and vlogger going to games instead of proper fans - which has happened this season.

Last edited:
Exactly, and stood together. The people who are defending the club and saying it is individuals selling their seats are deluded. That would take all the people around each other to be in it together.
Possibly tickets allocated to corporate and/or players's friends and family but not taken up and therefore then resold through these sites or to special groups. I'd have thought that those might possibly be together.

At the recent Arsenal home game there was loads of empty seats around us in 324 . It isn't normally like this and is the first time it's happened this season. I couldn't understand why this was but the third party ticket selling of tickets has probably overpriced its tickets for this game and therefore couldn't sell them on even though it was one of the biggest games of the season. Greedy bastards.

Assuming 324 is similar to 325 and I barely recognise a load of people around me each time I go. Surrounded by Germans last time and Dutch the time before. Big groups of them too. Regularly have Americans, Eastern Europeans, Middle Eastern people up there etc.

Some very naive people on here thinking the club aren't involved. The likes of Viagogo and Livefootballtickets don't let individuals sell tickets. If they're offering upto 4+ seats together the club have to be complicit.

I fear for the matchday individuals next year and how many tickets will be made available to them with the relocations of those ST holders from the North Stand whilst the works getting carried out. Supply even lower to meet the demand = even higher rises.

Last edited:

I didn’t say that all 18-25 tickets had been verified as used by a genuine qualifying supporter. That would be impossible. I said there was zero evidence that any hadn’t.

Not sure what you class as hard evidence but for anybody doing even the most basic digging, there is plenty of evidence of third parties selling on tickets that come direct from the club.

I’ll even save you the trouble and show one example.

Official MCFC website - Sportworld website- tickets on the third tier of the East Stand for approx £180.

d52bbb86b5beafb83c90ec1bdf5a5715.jpg

2e60c2127b0bfb370dc72c3079035981.jpg

I didn’t say that all 18-25 tickets had been verified as used by a genuine qualifying supporter. That would be impossible. I said there was zero evidence that any hadn’t.

Not sure what you class as hard evidence but for anybody doing even the most basic digging, there is plenty of evidence of third parties selling on tickets that come direct from the club.

I’ll even save you the trouble and show one example.

Official MCFC website - Sportworld website- tickets on the third tier of the East Stand for approx £180.

d52bbb86b5beafb83c90ec1bdf5a5715.jpg

2e60c2127b0bfb370dc72c3079035981.jpg
An official package like this, which I don’t agree with, is different to the agencies selling home & away tickets at hugely inflated prices with no transparency on the source.

I think we can agree that the ticket system needs to be more transparent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.