City Glory Hunters

Rammyblues said:
This has been mulled over, disected before but it still remains a thorny issue. For me I started watching City in 77/78 season so apart from two trips to Wembley in 81 that has been it. I have always wanted glory at city and therefore I could be described as a glory hunter if you will. I hope before I turn up me toes to witness City have some sucess. As for plastic fans these will always attach themselves to the club, however if ADUG and investment goes belly up (and I don't think it will) there will always be a hardcore support at City who will stick with the club through thick and thin and I have no doubt they relish the days spent in the wind and rain at away grounds in League 1. I don't think we need to worry about how the hardcore support identify themselves each and every one of us know the tribulations, memories good and bad that we have had in watching the only team from Manchester. This identity in my opinion seperates us from the rags and their hugh money machine and if in twenty years we have been as sucessful as they have and hated by everyone because of that sucess I will say it was worth it just to balance the 33 years we have spent in the wilderness.

Well said.

can we have a special turnstile so we can all jeer at them .Maybe yellow star on their sleeve? the last thing this club needs is a full house every week . just a thought , but as time goes on and natural wastage means fewer and fewer fans, could a few be allowed to take the place of the proper fans who are no longer with us .After all, everyone had a first game and if they meet certain criteria (born in manchester , hate all other fans, etc) then it should be ok . even better only season ticket holders should be allowed to post as long as they have a thousand posts already. that should sort out them that only start coming just to see entertaining football bastards

I live down in Southampton and have already been accused of being a glory hunter when someone spotted my City tattoo down at Brighton this year.
Been going for as long as I have been able to afford to but don't get to so many games these days as I would like.
A few lads off here know me and know if anyone wants to call me a glory hunter then they had better be prepared for an earful off me.
43 league games plus the playoffs in 98-99 says I am not!

I think it is inevitable we will attract the sort of fans we have always despised if we start to win things, I mean, even where I live there were loads of Blackburn shirts spotted after they won the league.
It comes with the territory I'm afraid but at least it will be a sign we are doing well.

I'm in the "more the merrier" brigade and can't wait for the day I go on holiday and see a flood of City shirts being worn by the locals. Instead of "Where are you from??", "Manchester"...."oh Manchester United!!!" "NO CITY" The end of the footy conversation!!!

Like most clubs City have a hard core of regular fans (25-30,000) supplemented by more casual supporters (about 50,000 in our case) who pick and choose their matches. What's most likely to happen is that those casual fans will attend a few more matches. That will be enough to sell out the existing stadium bon a regular basis.

There will be new fans, mainly young kids who will start going with their dads. And very welcome they should be.

Its only going to be an extra 3 or 4 thousand, i'd welcome it gives the club more money...

kp789 said:
Is anyone else concerned that we could get glory hunters following city??
Is it possible??
Will it happen??

Not bothered really. My conscience is clear, have supported us since 81 had a season ticket since 86. All the Rags I know, know I am Blue through and through. So I can never be labelled a glory hunter, not like some of the rags I know.

True, it is sad that we will get the enevitable hangers on, but that is the price we will have to pay. Lets face it we never saw a Chelsea shirt round here until Abramovic took over.

I suppose it is the price of success.

there is a lad on another forum i go on from cardiff, and i know for a fact he was going to maine rd even in the div 2 days, he has got his kids to be blues too, bet he gets slated gloryhunter if we start winning games

leewill31 said:
Ducado said:
As the club grows & becomes successful we are bound to attract new fans, I know that the majority of City fans have some connection with Manchester (Family etc), the more the merrier I say, it's a great club to support quite unlike any other IMO some of us need to be a little more welcoming to everyone who wants to support us

im glad somebody wrote this thanks ducado.

if we attract glory hunters that means one thing we are winning trophys and playing very good football and us fans that have been waiting for 20-30 odd years will finally get the football we have craved for.
How I feel, as well. At the end of the day, I'd much rather have the silverware, even if it comes with gloryhunters, over years more of disappointment without them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.