a question for all blues

Bill

what is better/worse

me a blue for 40 odd years, lucky to see us dominate football and win stuff, only to see it all go wrong after 1976/

or

new (ish) blues who may have been going 10 and seen us win nothing, even worse, relegated a few times.

i ask this because i am beside myself with excitement on our forthcoming season.after 33 years of pain i can see us on the up.

thoughts, loved and lost or never loved at all?

Think us not lucky enough to ever see us win anything are going to have to come to you more 'mature' fans De Nero for advice when we do bag that first trophy.....coz we wont have a clue what to do!

never to have loved from the old cynic here
de niro said:
what is better/worse

me a blue for 40 odd years, lucky to see us dominate football and win stuff, only to see it all go wrong after 1976/

or

new (ish) blues who may have been going 10 and seen us win nothing, even worse, relegated a few times.

i ask this because i am beside myself with excitement on our forthcoming season.after 33 years of pain i can see us on the up.

You & I have at least seen the good times mate. My son is 25 years old & I can't wait to see his face when we at last lift a trophy. I remember shedding the odd tear when Joe & Tony came out at Wembley before the 1981 FA cup final as part of the celebration of the 100th cup final (if my memory serves me correctly).

spare a thought for my age group bill
born '73, took to first game around '77, started going regular '80 ish blah blah...
basically bin going 30ish years and seen us win fuck all, apart from a play off final lol.
even up to last week a rag mate of mine, (same age) said we'll never win a major trophy in our lifetime! cant wait for the next few years!

de niro said:
what is better/worse

or

To see all the wonderful players that you have seen, i must go for the "loved and lost" answer, and to think that you did it on the Kippax as well, terracing etc, you did it the best possible way. Ive been going in the flesh since 83, so im a trophy virgin, but its gonna be special man, "I see, a blue moon rising", eto'o and Tevez on the way, so dont go out tonight, stand and fight fight fight, theres a blue moon on the rise, alright, doo doo, doo doo, doo doo doo doo!!!(sung to the tune of bad moon rising).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.