Anyone had run ins with city players outside of football?

Bombo said:
I'm a famous (within reason) Manchester musician and I have met many of our team since 89. No, I'm not in oasis LOL, they seemed more more nervous than me especially Steve lomas and more recently shay given. And before I get outed only danbert knows my true id and he will never tell!

Come on city!

Yeah, my guess was Reni or Jim out of James. Could possibly be Mike Joyce. I know he's a City nut, had a good conversation with him about our chances when Thaksin had taken over and employed Sven. Top bloke. However, that is off topic.

I've only got good things to say about Goater. Met him a few years back in the Trafford Centre, absolute gentleman. Kelvin Etuhu is alright as well, saw him out in Manchester at the back end of last year. I used to see Tony Coton quite often as he doesn't live too far from me and was always coming into my place of work at the time. Used to chat to me and the electrician and had a laugh about us winding him up about moving to the dark side. SWP was alright when I met him, it was at a friendly against Leigh when Bradley was playing. Samaras, Kennedy, Petrov, Barton were all fine when I've bumped into them. And believe it or not, El Hadji-Diouf is actually a really nice guy. Got to know him through a mate at work and he was forever trying to get into a girl's knickers who I worked with.

simonr555 said:
Bombo said:
I'm a famous (within reason) Manchester musician and I have met many of our team since 89. No, I'm not in oasis LOL, they seemed more more nervous than me especially Steve lomas and more recently shay given. And before I get outed only danbert knows my true id and he will never tell!

Come on city!

Yeah, my guess was Reni or Jim out of James. Could possibly be Mike Joyce. I know he's a City nut, had a good conversation with him about our chances when Thaksin had taken over and employed Sven. Top bloke. However, that is off topic.

I've only got good things to say about Goater. Met him a few years back in the Trafford Centre, absolute gentleman. Kelvin Etuhu is alright as well, saw him out in Manchester at the back end of last year. I used to see Tony Coton quite often as he doesn't live too far from me and was always coming into my place of work at the time. Used to chat to me and the electrician and had a laugh about us winding him up about moving to the dark side. SWP was alright when I met him, it was at a friendly against Leigh when Bradley was playing. Samaras, Kennedy, Petrov, Barton were all fine when I've bumped into them. And believe it or not, El Hadji-Diouf is actually a really nice guy. Got to know him through a mate at work and he was forever trying to get into a girl's knickers who I worked with.

I agree about Diouf. Met him a few times and he was always very well mannered and polite. He made me laugh because he couldn't understand why fans didn't like him, til I did an impression of Spit The Dog for him. Not sure he found it funny though :-/

I went to the Midland Gym in Manchester, and as I opened the changing room door, I heard an "ooghh" from the other side. I'd hit Peter Beardsley in the face with the door. Had his two lads with him. Nice bloke, did'nt bat an eyelid!

Also watched Mike Tyson training there .... until he turned round whilst skipping and started to try and stare me out, whilst moving closer and closer (I was the only spectator .. breach of security and all that).
Boy o boy, can he stare! "Got to go Mike, back to work" I said, and hobbled away as fast as I could!

when Bobby McDonald was signing my poster of him whilst i pretended to be asleep in my bedroom when i was a kid to evolving to Asa Hatford showing me his Scottish caps round his house to name but a few, oh on the random tip, Trevor Francis in Hale video shop where i got him to sign a wrigley's chuddy wrapper, Keegan in the Chinese in Hale when he was saying Ali B was best City transfer ever, I agreed best Free ever yes... loved it, yes loved it how we hated tha rags!

simonr555 said:
Bombo said:

Come on city!

Are you a ghetto extra? Diouf is actually quite nice? He looks like an extra from black hawk down and every time i've come across him i've gone home and had a right scrub........ he got filled in in my bar about 12 months back....... gave the lad who did it a free Drink.

Got treated to corporate hospitality for the Hull game last season and had taken fairly full advantage of the free wine on offer. Benjani sat behind me so I asked how his knee was. He said it was his thigh so I stroked his inner thigh and told him it was "All better now"! Still not sure what the hell I was thinking. He just looked a bit bemused. Nice to see he was cheering when we scored though.

About 3 years ago my Dad nearly passed away, when he was in intensive care I went to the ground as Stuart Pearce was doing a signing session, I wanted to get a card with a message from him. I got greeted by this ignorant bouncer who siad he was not signing anything else. After explaining the situation and basically saying I was not leaving until he had signed something, another guy took the card to stuart and he signed it (no message though!)
I spotted John Wardle stood in the corner of the City shop so I went up to him and asked him to sign it. I explained it was for my Dad and the situation. He gave me his card and told me to send him an e-mail and he would sort some tickets out for my Dad when he was better. Top bloke!
After my Dad got out of hospital i did this. A couple of days later I got an E mail off his PA, saying that John Wardle would be delighted if me and 3 guests would join him in the Directors box against Portsmouth!!! Unbelievable, I expected some basic tickets!!!
On the day we got invited into the Directors lounge, then at half time and full time we got invited into the Chairmans lounge. We were sat with Alistor Mackintosh, Dennis Tuert, Colin Bell and Mike Summerbee! Fantastic! My Dad was in his element and got to meet his hero Colin Bell! All really nice guys!!
I always joke with my Dad I wonder what I would have got if he had died!!! Lol!!

John Wardle top bloke!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.