Where were we when we were sh*te?

hello said:
danburge82 said:
I know, its like ive married a fit bird who's nice to look at but she's got no personality and you've just shown me a picture of my flawless ex-girlfriend who's tits werent as good as the new wifes but she had a better arse and was sound as a pound!

Now that is one stange analogy!

Fair one though. Never looked at it that way but thats what ive been trying to say every time ive been asked about what I think of COMS.

My answer for their chants would be...
..."Super City from Maine Road"

davemfi said:
I can't remember the date exactly, probably late 90's, although I can't seem to pin it down. Wycombe effin Wanderers away in the 1st or 2nd round of the Worthington, Coca-cola, League or whatever it was called then, Cup. It was the stereotypical cold Tuesday night in November, bombing it down to Adams Park after work to grab a pint or three before Kick-off, although without research we arrived in the middle of this Industrial Park with nothing anywhere when it quickly dawned that this WAS the ground and "No beer available in the Stadium (!!) lads" was the stewards opening gambit! Class!!!
Straight from the off, we were looking for a goalless draw to bring them back to our place...seriously!!! The only thing that woke me up was a Nicky Summerbee Shot(?) that Jonny Wilkinson would've been proud of to find touch towards the corner flag!!
The way back seemed to take an eternity, and via a couple of piss and car trouble related stops, I finally arrived back back home at 330am looking forward to a 6am alarm for work, i vowed never ever ever again...but you know City!!!!!!!

The City end was chokka-blokka so If anyone could shed any light on an exact date or has any photos of the game I would love to show my lads where all the love and passion has come from

cheers again

Dave

I was at that game mate. When I realised there were no pubs I went and bought a couple of cans. Walking towards the ground, there was a roadblock where tickets were checked. I was told I was not coming in becuase I was drinking! I hid round the corner and came back and got in.

It's the only game I've ever been to where the tannoy announcer called out my car registration. I had to leave the ground and I'd left all my car windows down. It was indeed a dire game and I remember Summerbee's shot. We all broke out into song "We've had a shot, we've had a shot, ee aye adio, we''ve had a shot" and "One shot, we've only had one shot".

I can't give you an exact date but I'd say it was around 1995. Dark days indeed.

dont exactly remember the date bit it was midweek at home against Stockport and we got beat 1 - 0 i think, whatever the score we got beat. Was in the top row edge seat of the Gene Kelly stand and we were all given them poxy plastic sheets. We were pissed through to the bones i tell ya! More rain in me pint than the greenhalls.
Wierd, but in hindsight i would'nt swap that for anything and these are the times that make us blues special in my opinion.
Think the banner on the North stand idea posted earlier would be brilliant and certainly shut any moron away fans right up.
love city

Didsbury Dave said:
davemfi said:
I can't remember the date exactly, probably late 90's, although I can't seem to pin it down. Wycombe effin Wanderers away in the 1st or 2nd round of the Worthington, Coca-cola, League or whatever it was called then, Cup. It was the stereotypical cold Tuesday night in November, bombing it down to Adams Park after work to grab a pint or three before Kick-off, although without research we arrived in the middle of this Industrial Park with nothing anywhere when it quickly dawned that this WAS the ground and "No beer available in the Stadium (!!) lads" was the stewards opening gambit! Class!!!
Straight from the off, we were looking for a goalless draw to bring them back to our place...seriously!!! The only thing that woke me up was a Nicky Summerbee Shot(?) that Jonny Wilkinson would've been proud of to find touch towards the corner flag!!
The way back seemed to take an eternity, and via a couple of piss and car trouble related stops, I finally arrived back back home at 330am looking forward to a 6am alarm for work, i vowed never ever ever again...but you know City!!!!!!!

The City end was chokka-blokka so If anyone could shed any light on an exact date or has any photos of the game I would love to show my lads where all the love and passion has come from

cheers again

Dave

I was at that game mate. When I realised there were no pubs I went and bought a couple of cans. Walking towards the ground, there was a roadblock where tickets were checked. I was told I was not coming in becuase I was drinking! I hid round the corner and came back and got in.

It's the only game I've ever been to where the tannoy announcer called out my car registration. I had to leave the ground and I'd left all my car windows down. It was indeed a dire game and I remember Summerbee's shot. We all broke out into song "We've had a shot, we've had a shot, ee aye adio, we''ve had a shot" and "One shot, we've only had one shot".

I can't give you an exact date but I'd say it was around 1995. Dark days indeed.

It was the first leg wasn't it. So the 0-0 draw was alright. It was Oct 95. Won second leg 3 or 4-0. The worst was the league match a couple of years later Nov 99. We lost 0-1 and Vaughan had a nightmare. It was the lowest we had ever been. It was cold, dark, windy night and some twot called Jermaine McSporran got the winner. It was carnage on the roads getting there and carnage getting out.
I thought it was the lowest, but then we lost to York 1-2 a couple of weeks later and then MK Dons in the FA Cup.
I cheered up after that because we went 22 matches only losing twice (Wycombe at home 1-2 and Oldham at home). We then beat Gillingham and the rest is history.

Didsbury Dave said:
davemfi said:

cheers again

Dave

We played Wycombe in the league in 1998, and that was a horrible Tuesday night in November. Me and my dad always refer to it as the lowest point. Lost 1-0 to a penalty. Ahh to be 10 years old again!

danburge82 said:
SouthStand211 said:
20kad0o.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Maine Road. Sob.

I know, its like ive married a fit bird who's nice to look at but she's got no personality and you've just shown me a picture of my flawless ex-girlfriend who's tits werent as good as the new wifes but she had a better arse and was sound as a pound!

Quite agree.
But whichever one you're with, one week they are cut diamonds, bringing joy to every bit of your body, but the next f*ckin week ...........

I was at the league game that we lost there in 98. The only place we could find a beer was TGIF's at the roundabout at the top of the hill friggin miles away. What a dire game that was. I thought we were stuck in that division then. The following season was great although we had a dodgy spell including losing at home to gloating Stockport which I could have really done without. Maine Road was our home but not all the memories are great! Far from it.

I remember that 1995 Wycombe cup game and Summerbee's shot. City didn't look like scoring at all and that was their first shot of the game, after about 30mins. The City fans sarcastic over-the-top clapping and cheering went on for about 10 minutes - probably a 'you had to be there' moment but one of my funniest moments as a City fan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.