Richard Dunne {merged}

For all sundry purposes Dunne was found lacking and wanting. To move forward, his continued presence doesn't dovetail with City's Blueprint i.e. to forge a winning culture.

Yes Dunne deserves better thats why he is at Villa rather than at Galatasaray and with a golden handshake. Dunne should not look back in anger else he will burn his bridge with those at City that stood and support him and gave him a chance to get back on his feet.

Garry Cook is doing a perfect job and so far his impeccable dealings (signings & transfers) for top EPL players (field proven & ready) are ahead of schedule. Its his job, thats why he's hired, not to be sentimental but to be professional in his dealings.

Thats why, Dunne, its not personal. Remember no player is bigger than the club.

der-bomber said:
Disturbance said:
Don't be so precious.

Well, actually ,to me it looks like our ex, mediocre centre-half is the one being precious ,he could have just gone with dignity and his head held high, but instead chose to do his dirty washing in public and instigate a childish slanging match, which does neither party any favours...

Dunne was interviewed and asked questions and gave honest answers. The fact that people on here are getting precious and whiny about it does not make Dunne childish. The childish ones are the posters on here who throw a tantrum at the merest hint of criticism of the club while in the same breath seem to enjoy slagging off current and ex-players.

Re: For everyone that ISNT slating Richard Dunne

King Of The Kippax said:
The Thread to say Good luck at Villa, You have been a True Blue for Many years, And i for one believe you didnt get the chance to Fight for your right to play. I did state earlier on another thread i think it was a good move for himslef and i still stick by that, But after watching his interview i feel for him to be Honest. He clearly never wanted to leave

Thanks Dunney

CTID

All, the Dunne threads so far attempting to wish Dunney good luck at Villa and thanking him for 9 years of wearing the City shirt, have been taken over with attempts to demean his City career, lets hope this one can be successfull.

All the best Dunney except when you play us.

gazzaa2 said:
This board is laughable at times.

If Dunne was in thE team against Arsenal and we lost 3-0 and he had a nightmare, the same people would be saying get the rid. Fans were saying it was time for him to move on last season when he was crap.

If he was brilliant last season and then got forced out then fair enough be pissed off but he wasn't good enough last year.

GET A FUCKING GRIP
richards was shit last season, has started not much better this season. ireland the season before that. is that the basis for dumping players. Most people before the start of last season were glad ireland was going. Fickle fans with short memories.

Re: Richard Dunne 'accuses' Man City

Steviesleftpeg said:
Did not expect this of Gary Cook

Here the Article..........

Dunne accuses Man City over exit

Dunne feels he was not told the truth by Man City
Richard Dunne has accused Manchester City executive chairman Garry Cook of trying to sell him behind his back.

Dunne, 29, moved to Aston Villa on transfer deadline day after nine years at Eastlands but was disappointed with the manner of his departure.

"From June I was getting calls saying Garry Cook has been trying to sell me behind my back," claimed Dunne.

"I've been honest with them - they should have been the same with me rather than doing it behind my back."

Dunne, who is on international duty with the Republic of Ireland, said he had gone to Cook earlier in the year and told him if he had any problems to come and deal with him directly.

He added: "I'm disappointed with people who say one thing and then completely do the other.

"Garry Cook has come in and he doesn't really understand football. All he wants is big-money players. He doesn't understand the core of the club and where it begins.

"I'm not a baby, I'm not going to cry just because the club want to sell me. I don't mind, just don't do it behind my back."

City spent £118m in the summer transfer window on the likes of Carlos Tevez, Gareth Barry, Emmanuel Adebayor, Kolo Toure and Joleon Lescott.

But they told Dunne they had to sell him, for a fee of £6m, to balance the books.

"They told me they have a certain amount of money they have to recoup each season to make things look better on the books," said the defender.

"I could understand if I was getting sold for 200m euros but it was a bit strange really.

"It just needed people to be honest with me, there were a lot of things going on throughout the summer."

Always liked Dunniw and i will not forget the past service he has given us, but this is just sour grapes and he should keep his mouth shut.

Bottem line Dunnie, if you was good enough, you would still be here, your not, says it all!

Best of luck at Villa and may i suggest you keep your mouth shut and just concentrate on getting your new club into the top 6.

lastmanback said:
gazzaa2 said:
This board is laughable at times.

If Dunne was in thE team against Arsenal and we lost 3-0 and he had a nightmare, the same people would be saying get the rid. Fans were saying it was time for him to move on last season when he was crap.

If he was brilliant last season and then got forced out then fair enough be pissed off but he wasn't good enough last year.

GET A FUCKING GRIP
richards was shit last season, has started not much better this season. ireland the season before that. is that the basis for dumping players. Most people before the start of last season were glad ireland was going. Fickle fans with short memories.
I disagree Richards has played pretty well so far this season and should have had a pen against Blackburn

Disturbance said:
der-bomber said:
Well, actually ,to me it looks like our ex, mediocre centre-half is the one being precious ,he could have just gone with dignity and his head held high, but instead chose to do his dirty washing in public and instigate a childish slanging match, which does neither party any favours...

Dunne was interviewed and asked questions and gave honest answers. The fact that people on here are getting precious and whiny about it does not make Dunne childish. The childish ones are the posters on here who throw a tantrum at the merest hint of criticism of the club while in the same breath seem to enjoy slagging off current and ex-players.

Actually, Dunne was not asked a direct question about Garry Cook. He CHOSE to whine and complain about his treatment. He has chosen to forget that:

1. His form last season was poor at best and he looked like a player that needed a move
2. He wanted to jump ship and move to Spurs last summer - but was persuaded to stay by a fat new contract
3. Just because he has spent nine years being paid to do his job, does not mean that City suddenly owe him some sort of enormous debt of gratitude, or that he should be treated differently to any other departing player.

I wish him the best, but his outburst is petty, childish, and incredibly bitter...very sad.

His comments criticising the club or members of the current staff have left me feeling a lot less warmth towards Mr Richard Dunne.

One of his great attributes was his dignity but this seems to have been abandoned since he left City.

Re: For everyone that ISNT slating Richard Dunne

Loyal servant of 9 years ousted by a corporate wannabe blue of just 15 months!

Dunne is and always be a true blue who was loyal to the end! Cook always makes me shake my head in disgust.

His City til I die speech of recent weeks is one of many bizzare statements!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.