Expectations.

I've upgraded my expectations from the start of the season, I thought a reasonable points total was around 65 but now I think about 70 would be a decent return. Whether that gets us 4th place is anybody's guess!

Rags, Chelsea, Gooners and the Dippers all look vulnerable, especially with their Champions League commitments. I think it's going to be a very uncomfortable season for the BIG 4.

Were nailed on for a Euro place, hopefully it will be a Champions league place but i'd settle for Uefa cup, to not be in a euro compition next season would be a disaster and would proberly see MH leaving.

If we can get the team gelling better by the end of november we have a great chance with the December and January fixtures to be pushing for a top 4 place come the new year. I can see the owners making some cash available if MH or injuries decide we need some strengthining in January, Don't forget we will lose some players in Jan because of the African Nations.

My heart says 3rd
My head says 5th
My wish would be 1st :)

you could imagine us getting that top 4 spot and having to play a very strong team to qualify...its what City is all about and thats why i'll be there no matter how we do.

4th will do me fine. If we get 3rd I'll strip naked and run down the high street singing bluemoon.

ColinBall said:
I've upgraded my expectations from the start of the season, I thought a reasonable points total was around 65 but now I think about 70 would be a decent return. Whether that gets us 4th place is anybody's guess!

Rags, Chelsea, Gooners and the Dippers all look vulnerable, especially with their Champions League commitments. I think it's going to be a very uncomfortable season for the BIG 4.

I think you might be a little light on the points target.

Last season we won 13 games at home - no reason we can't match that this time = 39 points

Last season we won 2 games away and we have matched that already. 10 away wins should be achievable - the 2 we have plus (say) Hull, Brum, Wolves, Burnley, Bolton, Stoke, West Ham and one from Fulham, Everton, Liverpool or Sunderland. = 30 points

Then with half a dozen draws (we already have 2) that would give us 75 points. That is usually enough for 4th, and should be ample for 4th this season, bearing in mind how dippers have done so far.

PaulPowre said:
Were nailed on for a Euro place, hopefully it will be a Champions league place but i'd settle for Uefa cup, to not be in a euro compition next season would be a disaster and would proberly see MH leaving.

If we can get the team gelling better by the end of november we have a great chance with the December and January fixtures to be pushing for a top 4 place come the new year. I can see the owners making some cash available if MH or injuries decide we need some strengthining in January, Don't forget we will lose some players in Jan because of the African Nations.

My heart says 3rd
My head says 5th
My wish would be 1st :)

Sorry to inform you mate, the UEFA cup isn't around anymore ;)
You'll have to settle for the Europa League mate :P

I will be very disappointed if Mark Hughes isn't thinking we can win the league, with the players/squad we have got thats what he should be aiming for. A minimum for me is top 4, and if we're there or thereabouts come January you have to fancy our chances, because there is no doubt we will strengthen the weaker areas of our squad in January, and may even see a couple of loan deals with Toure and Adebayor gone.

I don't want top 6 and Europa League next year, I would rather finish 7th if not top 4 than be in that Mickey Mouse cup!!

CTID

5th place or better.

We can't win the title, but i'd like to think we'll at least give Liverpool, possibly Arsenal a run for their money.

5th and a cup would be a superb season. 4th and a cup would be unreal.

christ you lot, with the squad we`ve got we can win any game anywhere, why anyone believes that we cant win it is beyond me, whats up with you guys?????????????????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.