Hughes OUT

Anyway cheer up lads life is not all bad.

30c here today not a cloud in the sky, a swim this morning, ice cold beer and a barbecue for lunch and a game of golf with another ex pat blue this pm. So we drew? That's life, and I have spent enough of today discussing it already.

EalingBlue2 said:
Anyway cheer up lads life is not all bad.

30c here today not a cloud in the sky, a swim this morning, ice cold beer and a barbecue for lunch and a game of golf with another ex pat blue this pm. So we drew? That's life, and I have spent enough of today discussing it already.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG63OtsKC7k[/youtube]

Ive always questioned the tactics of hughes and whether hes good enough to attract the right sort of player and to get the best out of them when they get here-
I just think there are some factors we should all consider whilst some are calling for his head.

He has been a part of the set-up for a relatively short period of time, add into the mix the pressure that he holds the unprecendented position of heading up the newly acclaimed richest club in the world with a squad that is yet to have even half a season under its belt. He has the weight of the worlds medias eyes upon him waiting, with knives out after every single result and press trying to cook up shite about his prized players going to Barcelona, or wherever during every press conference.
The huge advantage is that he's worked through these obstacles (albeit sometimes with more grace then other times) he has undoubtabley improved our squad- though its arguable how difficult it is not to with all the money- and ok, they are not sweeping the floor with opponents week in week out but there are glimpses of teams capable of playing football to a level equal to that of the top four.
What we need more than anything right now is patience and to remember that this is a long term thing- chucking someone out now whos committed himself to the long haul will only set us back 12 months -what happens when a new managers honeymoon period is over should he go too- should we give every name manager a chance to come and play fantasy football with the money. No- we need to get the fuck off the managers back- let him work through it, learn how to grow into the job and learn how to MANAGE all the pressures that come with it. Were you faultless at your job in the first 6 - 12 months of it, or did it take a while to start getting a feel for it- did you make mistakes along the way, which in hindsight youd do differently now?
Time will tell if Hughes is right, if hes got the skills to move us on as a team to where our riches could and should take us- but that time should be over a couple of seasons, a couple of final league positions and cup runs- not a ridiculous run of results mid-season.

No doubt theres still a lot of work to do yet at City, but in my opinion us blues can choose to jump on the backs of the blokes trying to do the jobs -like every other media idiot whos got it in for us- or we can help the club by supporting them. I know which side I stand.

Tactics seem negative, doesn't seem to be able to motivate the players, can't see what he's still doing here to be honest

Been saying it all season long that i would Hiddink as our new manager espicially with Russia not reaching the world cup. Think now is the right time to get rid, bring Hiddink in and give him a month with the current players and then he can assess them and find the players he wants to improve the squad which atm is 3 or 4 defenders, a creative midfielder and a world class striker

bluesyob said:
"Hughes... could be worse." Admittedly not the greatest marketing slogan ever, but work with me here.

Its not the most inspiring rallying cry but has the virtue of being honest...and it made me laugh :)

I'm a season ticket holder who goes to most of the away games,i'm just stating this because i think i'm reasonably well positioned to make valuation about how we're progressing as a club. This is the first time i've ever voiced my opinion on one of these sites, I'm just replying to what the city fan stated about how we could have had any manager out there for the second half and he wouldn't have been able to do anything with this team, It's a fair comment but all this mess didn't really start today at 1600, It all began last August when Hughes took over, we've played well four times in the league this season, first half against the rags we played well against villa for almost a whole half also Arsenal and Liverpool And this isn't down to tactical genius on the managers behalf, but in my humble opinion down to two factors 1, The quality we've ot out on the pitch. 2,the opposition forcing us to play a style that suits gifted players.

I looked at the team today and it wouldn't have mattered who we could have playing up front or in the middle of the park come the January window. The system we were playing today isn't suited to top four club from any league or division in the world. It's designed to accommodate the style of play for a middle to bottom to third club. Teams cautious in their lack of own ability but not a club confident in it's ability to progress. We pack the midfield and play a really congested configuration at the back, Nigel practically plays as a fifth defender, and in the end our pro active players end up taking the ball off our back four,five so it becomes really difficult for our creative midfielders to weave their magic and mega simple for the opposition to keep the ball in the middle of the park. The only time we play well is when we play against quality and they force us to open up, that then gives barry , Ireland and our other WORLD class players the space they need to be creative.

Hughes is a pragmatist and sticks to systems and formulas he knows will work,

bluesyob said:
Dear Chairman
Hello there, haven't had the pleasure of meeting you yet.

Just wanted to say what a fabulous job Mark Hughes is doing. Sixth you said and by golly Hughes has got the team playing at that level. Yes, yes, of course we could quibble about a result or two or three... well technically seven, but the point is the team is not losing and is only one of a handful of clubs in the entire five tiers of English Football that have only lost one game so far this season in the league.

I know you hear the rumblings of some of the fans concerning the in game tactics and substitutions but really what do they know? As Hughes insinuated last season when defending his playing of Vassell they really are just trouble causers. I mean in the grand scheme of things, who can't see the value of playing a virtual man down? Builds character that does.

This has nothing to do, nothing to do, with the potential unemployment of a Spaniard in Liverpool. It's a complete coincidence that my public support of the Manager happens to coincide with the slow realization from the Anfield faithful that Benitez won with Houllier's team, has frittered away 200 million and the inevitable job search that will ensue. Honest... complete coincidence.

Real Madrid hasn't figured that out either, so lets all giggle when they introduce their new manager next summer. In the meantime City will go from strength to strength with an invigorating sixth place in the Premier League. It's the club's highest position ever.

And you know, City might still win something this year. We seem to have the measure of Arsenal when we play them at home, so who knows maybe this year the Liquid Cup has our name on it. What do you say, top 4 next year?

"Hughes... could be worse." Admittedly not the greatest marketing slogan ever, but work with me here.

CTID

Either you're Wallace or put some quotes on that mate. Either way I liked it the first time I read it on soccernet and I still do the second go round.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.