A new take

HKB

One question to ask yourselves when talking about Hughes in/out. Was thinking to myself last night after that bebacle could I EVER imagine City winning either the Champions League or the Premier League under Hughes and the answer was a resounding NO and it wasn't just that game. He is like a lot of home grown managers, tactically naive, for example I was disgusted he even sent Sylvinio on for the second half, did he think Happy was going to say to Lennon, come on lad he's had enough now give him a rest. TOP managers are not afraid to change things at any point of a game and they change tacticts during a game, he's not alone though, could you see Happy Harry winning either the Chumps or the Premier league, no me neither.
The only way we will win anything (carling cup aside) is when we get a top class foreign coach, who will also I might add, bring in better players, Hughes is not exactly a big draw for the TOP TOP players.

Read an interview where Jose was comparing the premiership to serie A.

He said serie A is a constant tactical battle, as managers may change their teams tactics 4 times in a game. Its a chess game. Howver, in the premiership most managers play the same way each week.

Every time Hughes comes up against a good tactician like Roy Hodgson, he hasnt got a clue.

I'm not big on sacking managers, but I cant see us ever winning anything under Hughes.

HKB said:
One question to ask yourselves when talking about Hughes in/out. Was thinking to myself last night after that bebacle could I EVER imagine City winning either the Champions League or the Premier League under Hughes and the answer was a resounding NO and it wasn't just that game. He is like a lot of home grown managers, tactically naive, for example I was disgusted he even sent Sylvinio on for the second half, did he think Happy was going to say to Lennon, come on lad he's had enough now give him a rest. TOP managers are not afraid to change things at any point of a game and they change tacticts during a game, he's not alone though, could you see Happy Harry winning either the Chumps or the Premier league, no me neither.
The only way we will win anything (carling cup aside) is when we get a top class foreign coach, who will also I might add, bring in better players, Hughes is not exactly a big draw for the TOP TOP players.

I probably agree with you, and Sylvinio did have a tough time last night, he is not getting younger and hasn't had many games this term - but on a positive note he snuffed out Ronaldo in last years final, so he's OK by me

Prophet of Doom said:
Read an interview where Jose was comparing the premiership to serie A.

He said serie A is a constant tactical battle, as managers may change their teams tactics 4 times in a game. Its a chess game. Howver, in the premiership most managers play the same way each week.

Every time Hughes comes up against a good tactician like Roy Hodgson, he hasnt got a clue.

I'm not big on sacking managers, but I cant see us ever winning anything under Hughes.

Bang on the money.

micky_blue said:
HKB said:

I probably agree with you, and Sylvinio did have a tough time last night, he is not getting younger and hasn't had many games this term - but on a positive note he snuffed out Ronaldo in last years final, so he's OK by me

I recon Sylvinio got greyer by the second last night.

My hamster had a fair idea that Sylvinho was going to struggle against Lennon, and it died last year.

That's probably why he played the full 90 minutes, good tactical thinking eh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.