Which Managers should City never have sacked ?

Joe Royle - It all happened too fast for him to build a team.
Sven - Played shite but effective football.

I loved Horton. Felt sorry for Royle, Keegan and Pearce. Felt a bit for Hughes too but a lot less so (given that I wanted him gone after Spurs - as the owners said there was just no sign that things would improve) and that evaporated once the media went all over the top.

I wanted Sven out big time. Nice man but a very average manager IMO. No pity there. Or for Reid, Ball, clark, etc, etc.

Ferguson outlasted 18 managers and they had success but IMO not one of our lot would have had half as much success had we stuck with them. even my favourite ones. We simply weren't as blessed as united with players, marketeers or financial riches. We are getting there now and for that very reason I don't mind shopping around to get the right long term manager, i.e. more may have to come and go until we find the right one. Once the owners stay and continue to bring in great talent then I'm not bothered with a few more changes.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
I wouldnt have sacked Reid or Sven, myself, but I think in both cases that was a judgement call. Joe Mercer & Tony Book where just madness!
agreed

Really surpised that so many people are saying Peter Reid. Does no-one else remember that appalling 5-2 home defeat to Everton on the last day of the season? His top 5 finishes were due to the good team he inherited from Kendall.

cyberblue said:
Joe Mercer & Tony Book . Big Mall took over after both of them & History tells it own story

The combination of Mercer and Allison was a magical thing. Two opposites who fitted the day and the game perfectly. Clough and Taylor were another two. They come along once maybe every generation, and it is probably a wholly accidental thing, but out of it comes sheer delight.

94:10 said:
Really surpised that so many people are saying Peter Reid. Does no-one else remember that appalling 5-2 home defeat to Everton on the last day of the season? His top 5 finishes were due to the good team he inherited from Kendall.

This. We were going down with Reid in charge. Selling Hendry, Hughes and Clive Allen was criminal. And he oversaw the destruction of our youth set up.

94:10 said:
Your quite correct sir.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.