6 pts behind united, 1 in hand & still to play them at home

Re: 5 points behind united and still to play them at home

El Boy Wonder said:
Swordfish7 said:
If we finish above United and Chelsea win the league we could finish 2nd
Arsenal could finish above us both and then we could finish 3rd
So WTF are you on about? Is there a new law which prevents United finishing outside the top two or something?

Realistically, its between Chelsea and United. Arsenal won't sustain their challenge. SO yes we could finish second, but its unlikely

Why realistically?

What do Chelsea and United have that us, Arsenal, Tottenham and Villa don't?

And don't say "they know how to win titles", it's an overused and crap cliche that doesn't make sense. If only people who knew how to win titles, won titles, then Royal Engineers would win the league every year.

Damocles said:
El Boy Wonder said:
Realistically, its between Chelsea and United. Arsenal won't sustain their challenge. SO yes we could finish second, but its unlikely

Why realistically?

And don't say "they know how to win titles", it's an overused and crap cliche that doesn't make sense. If only people who knew how to win titles, won titles, then Royal Engineers would win the league every year.

Chelsea and United have superior team units than the rest of us do, as much as you may think it a crap cliche its no surprise really that them lot still aren't out of it even without a defence. They have players to come back and will get stronger as they always do after xmas. Chelsea have an immense squad full of winners, Ballack aside (ROFL) and I'll bet £20 (with a donation to a chosen charity) that they finish first and second.

Some people have blind optimism, some have optimism, some are realistic. I think with my head, not my heart

Damocles said:
EalingBlue2 said:
Not a chance, they are always strongest after Christmas, they are winning games with an injury list that makes ours look short and above all they know what it is to be at the top and win each week. The year after next maybe, this year not a chance unfortunately.

Arsenal could crumble and go below us, United and Chelsea haven't in years and won't now, they are a team, we are becoming one.

I disagree.

They have a highly depleted defence, and even when it's back, Vidic isn't the defender he was last year. Ferdinand is never coming back to a first team regular place, his career is pretty much over (OMG ITK!!~).

City could conceivably take 18 points from the next 5 games. This isn't a "Mancini is God" type thing, I think any manager would be aiming for 14+ points from our next five, with the squad we have. We have a horrific April, but we can conceivably get there without losing another 2 games.

United are dropping points to teams that they would never have done. The title is going to come down to who plays the most like champions, and United are nowhere near that. Chelsea are also some way off. Both are expecting a vast improvement in the second half of the season.

If they continue to slip, due to our fixtures, and our squad, there is no reason why we aren't capable of winning the league.
We have a better squad than United, and have a comparable squad to Chelsea.

A top four finish would be a brilliant achievement, but there is no reason to not look at this league and believe that we can win it.

That's optimistic!! 18 points from 5 games.... ha ha

Damocles said:
City could conceivably take 18 points from the next 5 games.
Now that would be impressive!!

city can win this !!
we dont know how to win titles? mancini does
who has a better squad than citys ?? and surely we will be the biggest spenders in jan adding more quality
chelsea ,utd, are not firing on all cylinders ,arsenal are the danger but is their squad large enough to cope with injury set backs?
seriously with luck we couild do it .this might even be a better chance than next year !

We don't have Europe to distract us and we're the only club in the league with money to spend so who knows.

Damocles said:
City could conceivably take 18 points from the next 5 games. .

Mancini is god if he can do that ;O)

Lat time we finnished above them I picked up 200 quid off a consortium of rag fans in 91 I think it was - oh happy days

Are there any prices out there for a head to head with them?

El Boy Wonder said:
Damocles said:
Why realistically?

Chelsea and United have superior team units than the rest of us do, as much as you may think it a crap cliche its no surprise really that them lot still aren't out of it even without a defence. They have players to come back and will get stronger as they always do after xmas. Chelsea have an immense squad full of winners, Ballack aside (ROFL) and I'll bet £20 (with a donation to a chosen charity) that they finish first and second.

Some people have blind optimism, some have optimism, some are realistic. I think with my head, not my heart

What exactly is a 'team unit' and why is United's better than ours?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.