Satisfied with 5th?

I have to admit that, on form, the spuds are looking more credible contenders than us (but please don't tell that smug little shit Lineker).

I am more and more convinced that the dippers are losing the plot and many of their players may be through the exit door in the summer. As for Villa, they seem to be doing thier traditional falling away ('fainting in coils !!' ) act

so as I see it .. it's down to us and the spuds. We need to get some of the attack minded playing and self belief that they have (which we have shown on many occasions this season) and I would dearly love to see Superman create the axis of this team.... with one less than the 4 defensive midfielders that we ended up with today.

moomba said:
simon23 said:
4 of those were against chelsea (3 against a team with 10 or less men)...the chelsea game was a fluke result

in the first half we had 2 shots on target....darren bent had 4 on target on his own in the first half!!! It wasnt tiill RM changed his tactics in the second half did we start ot play better (and was it an enforced change.....was bridge injured when he brought on RSC?)

stats hide the truth...our attacking potential is being severly dented by RM;s ultra defensive approach

You're surely on a wind up mission.

OK, everything that goes right is a fluke, everything that goes wrong is the managers fault.

Everything that went right before Christmas was the previous managers doing, everything that went wrong was bad luck.

You said that the numpty needed several years in charge before he could be judged, you've done nothing but criticise Mancini from day 1. For o e of the blandest people in football he certainly does inspire loyalty in some.

But drop the facade of neutrality please.

i said earlier that i understood why MH had to go.....i supported him at the time but i understod why....Ive also said that mancini has improved us defensively so i ahve given him credit where it si due

this is about the present and the performances under RM....they have been poor.....in terms of attacking teams...just like the first half today

the chelski result was a fluke....we were dreadful up until tevez got the first goal
and even with 9 men they looked like they could still score (and did..albeit a penalty!!!!)

ive never called mancini bland btw

ive also said mancini needs time to adjust.......but he does need to do this and that is obvious

Aston Villa ....... Wigan(a), Wolves(h), Chelsea(a), Bolton(a), Everton(h), Portsmouth(a), Birmingham(h), Man City(a), Blackburn(h) and Hull(a), Sunderland(h)= 46 + 9 wins + 1 draws = 74 points
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Man City ....... Fulham(a), Wigan(h), Burnley(a), Birmingham(h), Man Utd(h), Arsenal(a), Aston Villa(h), West Ham(a) and Tottenham(h), Everton(h) = 50 + 5 wins + 5 draws = 70 points
Liverpool....... Portsmouth(h), Man Utd(a), Sunderland(h),Birmingham(a), Fulham(h), West Ham(h), Burnley(a), Chelsea(h), Hull (a) = 48 + 6 wins + 1 draw = 67 points
Tottenham....... Stoke(a), Portsmouth(h), Sunderland(a), Arsenal(h), Chelsea(h), Man Utd(a), Bolton(h), Burnley(a) and Man City(a) = 52 + 4 wins + 1 draw = 65 points

there you go i'm predicting 5th. but if we can turn 2 of those predicted draws into wins, especially the villa one then maybe 4th. of course it could go the other way too.

at the start of the season i'm pretty sure i predicted 6th or 7th

Lord BLue said:
Aston Villa ....... Wigan(a), Wolves(h), Chelsea(a), Bolton(a), Everton(h), Portsmouth(a), Birmingham(h), Man City(a), Blackburn(h) and Hull(a), Sunderland(h)= 46 + 9 wins + 1 draws = 74 points
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Man City ....... Fulham(a), Wigan(h), Burnley(a), Birmingham(h), Man Utd(h), Arsenal(a), Aston Villa(h), West Ham(a) and Tottenham(h), Everton(h) = 50 + 5 wins + 5 draws = 70 points
Liverpool....... Portsmouth(h), Man Utd(a), Sunderland(h),Birmingham(a), Fulham(h), West Ham(h), Burnley(a), Chelsea(h), Hull (a) = 48 + 6 wins + 1 draw = 67 points
Tottenham....... Stoke(a), Portsmouth(h), Sunderland(a), Arsenal(h), Chelsea(h), Man Utd(a), Bolton(h), Burnley(a) and Man City(a) = 52 + 4 wins + 1 draw = 65 points

there you go i'm predicting 5th. but if we can turn 2 of those predicted draws into wins, especially the villa one then maybe 4th. of course it could go the other way too.

Go to the bookies and have a tenner on that lot, you'll be a millionaire if you get it right, but more likely you'll lose a tenner.

cleavers said:
Lord BLue said:

Go to the bookies and have a tenner on that lot, you'll be a millionaire if you get it right, but more likely you'll lose a tenner.

lol. imagine losing a bet like that on the last game of the season

Why should we be satisfied with 5th?

That seems to be the problem here that nobody aspires to anything and are content to see us finish 5th. People on here suggest the team don't have a winning mentality, but judging by comments that some are happy with 5th is it any wonder?

Can we not for the last 10 games adopt 'a glass half full' attitude and maybe, just maybe, it may generate itself down to the team.

It's an improvement well above previous seasons so yes I would be. 4th would be a great achievement though...however point is 70 points as per the target hasn't been good enough for champions league football for the last two seasons

I reackon that will be pretty close, although I would say we will beat Villa leaving us on equal points!

I'd be gutted for a couple of days, and then amazed at how far we have come in such a short space of time.

Put it this way, I wouldn't be rioting if we got to 5th, that's a real achievement in today's league. It is highly possible that Tottenham or Liverpool would have absolutely NO European football this year.

I'd be gutted if we don't get fourth.. consistency is our only problem.. we have proven that we can do the job in hand and beat all teams.. we just need to keep doing it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.