Can they all be wrong??

larderland

iv been watching the coverage of us on match of the day and listening to soccer saturday and they all seem to think were a team of strangers like they all said last year and they seem to think its no diff this year..i know now lot of youse on here hate them but can they all be wrong??everyone bar city fans think were a joke and arent that good...jus want tosee what ppl think,i see were they are coming from but at the same time rubbish them

It's good to know that a team of STRANGERS can get a very good point AWAY, against 1 of the top 4 in the first week of the season(without conceding and players not yet fully fit). Imagine what will happen if the team ever gels.

P.S: We were actaully good in the second half and the defence was very good but there was not one mention of that of Match of the day, no mention of De Jong, Kompany or Kolo Toure.
What a joke.

If we don't win every game 23-0 the team will always be criticized by people like Merson Hansen Shearer because we have spent so much money.

djelanomcfc said:
It's good to know that a team of STRANGERS can get a very good point AWAY, against 1 of the top 4 in the first week of the season(without conceding and players not yet fully fit). Imagine what will happen if the team ever gels.

P.S: We were actaully good in the second half and the defence was very good but there was not one mention of that of Match of the day, no mention of De Jong, Kompany or Kolo Toure.
What a joke.

ye i keep reminding myself of this,its just bit annoying when everyone bar city supporters have a go,it gets into ur head

I qoute Mancini. Spurs have played together for months, We trained once on friday. pretty much explains the "stranger" thing, fooking journo twats

This season we want to improve our points tally, first half we were shite but spuds played well, we walk away 1 point better off than the same fixture last season and spuds 2 less. We will improve as the season goes on, where's the downside in todays result regardless what pundits say?

they have a point, but it's exaggerated.

last year we never really gelled, but we did look much more of a coherent unit in the second half of the season. The problem for me is that we had a lot of SWP's, Bellamys and Adebayors, a lot of explosive players who can beat players and finish.... but not enough Barrys, not enough players who are moving the ball around reliably. One obvious symptom of this was that Tevez and Adebayor never quite clicked. I think Silva and Yaya, maybe Boateng, are good passing players who will help us keep the ball and dictate our own patterns.

today, definitely, we looked rusty and in the first half, pretty clueless. but that was against an extremely capable, settled outfit. We were lucky to ride the storm but by the end we had shut out Bale and Lennon, and dominated the midfield. rightly, it wasn't enough to erase the first half from people's memories, but it was a glimpse of the potential we have, if we develop a real passing game. My hope is they will be drooling over our team work by January.

Listening to Mancini he knows that the preseason work was not completed. you can partly blame the the world cup and the friendlies for way the players have arrived in dribs and drabs. But it is true that the players have barely managed half a dozen sessions together, the squad is still taking shape, which is far from ideal. A big factor has been that the transfers have dragged on and will continue to do so right until the final day of the window. It's certainly not what Mancini talked about in June, but I don't think it's entirely down to him.

The bosses won't be rushed into signing players. They are playing the long game, fighting stubbornly to get some respect from selling clubs and agents. It's working because the prices are not nearly as excessive as in previous years. Ditto with outgoings, they will simply not be rushed or bullied into anything. The outcome right now is that we are a long way from having a settled 25, but maybe it will be worth it in years to come.

Mancini himself appears to be pretty sanguine about it, he too is playing the long game. He wants the best players possible, and he wants everything done his way, to get the right situation in the dressing room for the season ahead, and beyond. if that means these issues drag on for a couple more weeks, so be it.

It's a marathon, not a sprint. All that matters is that when we are finished, we have the best 25 players possible, we have them settled and in the right frame of mind. If it takes a few weeks to sort out, if we scrape through a couple of games and get some bad press along the way, that's better than compromising on who we get, and leaving issues that fester for the whole season.

It is scary that we have just two weeks to sort out the squad, and that we have still to get the players properly settled and up to speed....but cups and league positions are not won and lost in August.

there's a simple explanation.

Journalists, who follow leagues not clubs are bound to have a vague understanding of a clubs inner workings - so adding up the transfer spend and comparing it to others means it's easy to call anything but a comfortable win calamitous.

Fans, who follow the club, can be more knowledgeable and know that the team just started playing together and we had two players leading our attack who were only fit to play 30 minutes a week ago. If you look at what people here expected/predicted, a vast majority did not believe in a victory - I was predicting a 1-1 draw, with many going for a defeat.

The worry starts when some fans start taking the journalists statements as clear truth and bringing those false expectations into the inner circles of the club, be it forums or stands.

A draw was a good result for us today and I wasn't surprised by the performance, in either a good or a bad way. Against Liverpool we must improve, but we will, as well. We will have had another week plus a game that should work as a meaningful training match (no disrespect to Romanian football) to work on our team play. We'll be ready for it, and we'll have a much better chance for a win than we did today.

great post. spot on.
Chick Counterfly said:
they have a point, but it's exaggerated.

last year we never really gelled, but we did look much more of a coherent unit in the second half of the season. The problem for me is that we had a lot of SWP's, Bellamys and Adebayors, a lot of explosive players who can beat players and finish.... but not enough Barrys, not enough players who are moving the ball around reliably. One obvious symptom of this was that Tevez and Adebayor never quite clicked. I think Silva and Yaya, maybe Boateng, are good passing players who will help us keep the ball and dictate our own patterns.

today, definitely, we looked rusty and in the first half, pretty clueless. but that was against an extremely capable, settled outfit. We were lucky to ride the storm but by the end we had shut out Bale and Lennon, and dominated the midfield. rightly, it wasn't enough to erase the first half from people's memories, but it was a glimpse of the potential we have, if we develop a real passing game. My hope is they will be drooling over our team work by January.

Listening to Mancini he knows that the preseason work was not completed. you can partly blame the the world cup and the friendlies for way the players have arrived in dribs and drabs. But it is true that the players have barely managed half a dozen sessions together, the squad is still taking shape, which is far from ideal. A big factor has been that the transfers have dragged on and will continue to do so right until the final day of the window. It's certainly not what Mancini talked about in June, but I don't think it's entirely down to him.

The bosses won't be rushed into signing players. They are playing the long game, fighting stubbornly to get some respect from selling clubs and agents. It's working because the prices are not nearly as excessive as in previous years. Ditto with outgoings, they will simply not be rushed or bullied into anything. The outcome right now is that we are a long way from having a settled 25, but maybe it will be worth it in years to come.

Mancini himself appears to be pretty sanguine about it, he too is playing the long game. He wants the best players possible, and he wants everything done his way, to get the right situation in the dressing room for the season ahead, and beyond. if that means these issues drag on for a couple more weeks, so be it.

It's a marathon, not a sprint. All that matters is that when we are finished, we have the best 25 players possible, we have them settled and in the right frame of mind. If it takes a few weeks to sort out, if we scrape through a couple of games and get some bad press along the way, that's better than compromising on who we get, and leaving issues that fester for the whole season.

It is scary that we have just two weeks to sort out the squad, and that we have still to get the players properly settled and up to speed....but cups and league positions are not won and lost in August.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.